Sunday, January 31, 2010

Water Park!

So two weekends ago we drove over to Grand Forks, ND to have some fun together. Mark had Monday off for Martin Luther King Day so we wanted to make the best of it. We stayed this hotel that has an indoor water park! It was tons of fun.

We got there on Saturday, ate dinner at a fun space themed restaurant with arcade games. Mark won Colby an Elmo stuffed animal in one of those claw machine things. It only took him a couple of tries, I was impressed. And Colby loves his Elmo! We checked out the water park, but it was too late to go in. We relaxed in our hotel and went to bed early with Colby. He hates sleeping in the portable cribs at hotels, so I always just get a king size bed and deal with the fact that I get about 12inches of it for me and wake up with Colby on top of me.

The next day we spent at the water park. It was pretty neat, I'd never been to an indoor water park before. They actually had one big tube slide that goes outside of the building and then back in. Colby was a little overwhelmed and it was kind of loud in there, so he wasn't as crazy as I thought he would be. He did have fun though.

Mark took Colby down the baby water slide a few times. He was ok with it, though he usually had a look of terror on his face at the bottom. We spent a while in the lazy river floating. Mark then took him down one of the big water slides. He did pretty good, he just didn't like water getting splashed in his face. They did that quite a few times.
In the kid area they had these little water fountains to play in. The water was really shallow. We thought he would like this more, but he was kind of nervous. He wanted us to be right next to him or he wanted to be sitting on our lap. Eventually he started having fun with it.
The pool was probably his favorite part because they had basketball hoops and balls to play with. He loved the balls. He would get so excited when he got close to one and could grab it. He also tried putting it in his mouth.
More fun with water. This is in the normal area. They had a huge bucket of water that would dump every couple of minutes. The first pic is of Mark walking into the area right after it dumped.
Colby and I right before we left for the day.
Tired (but cute!) boy ready to take a nap!
Playing in the hotel room. Our room had a couch in it which was nice. So Mark was laying on it and Colby joined him on the opposite end.
He was very crazy in the hotel room. During the day he was on the bed with us and before I could grab him he slid off the bed. When he does this at home with the couch or bed it's fine, but this bed was too tall and so he kinda fell when he did it and cut his lip. You can see it in some of the water park pictures I think. Anyways, poor thing he was so sad but got over it quickly and of course tried to do the same thing later that day.

It was a really fun trip! One of our lasts before we become a family of four!




9 comments:

The Porters said...

How fun! What an awesome indoor water park!! They need some of those here in utah! Haha.

It's a good thing kids are made to fall and get right back up usually. Jaxon will bonk his head, cry, have a nice goose egg, then get back up and play after he lets out a few tears. Looks like you guys had fun though. I am so excited for you to become that family of four :)

JustJon said...

Indoor water park concept = Amazing

Blair's said...

Jealous. That looks like so much fun. Now I want to find something like that around here. We never get away because no money but we really need to just do it sometimes before I go crazy :-)

Baby Boomer Grammy said...

love the photos -- helps my Colby cravings. Ya'all definitely need some Texas sun on those white bodies.

Josh, Shauna, Allison, Brynlee said...

HOW FUN!!!!! That would be the perfect vacation for our little family as both our girls LOVE water! I wonder if they have something out here like that!

Rachelle Underwood said...

Sounds like so much fun. Weird to be in a bathing suit in the middle of the winter...seeing as it's so cold where you are at. Look's like Colby was enjoying himself!

Emily said...

Yeah, I will post a tutorial sometime. That's a good idea.
As far as head bands go, I just bought some at our dollar store. I bought a set of the fabric ones and a set of the lace ones that go all the way around the head. But you could also wait until she's born, measure her head, buy stretchy lace, and make that into a head band. Either way, I would recommend putting a strip of ribbon or fabric or something around the headband though, that the clip on the flower can be slipped into. When I do the tutorial I'll show you what I mean.
It's fun dressing a girl!

Beth said...

That hotel waterpark sounds amazing. I like your swimming suit too.

Lauren said...

that sounds like so much fun! and colby is getting so big. love seeing all the pictures of him playing at the waterpark :)