So just last night I realized that Mark is leaving this coming Sunday!! He'll be gone for a week at a CE (continuing education) for work. Lame I know. I knew it was coming up, but it just took me a while to realize how fast it came up. I don't know what I'm going to do with myself for a week, but oh well. Hopefully Colby and I can entertain each other so we don't go crazy. I know Colby will miss his dad, he wont let Mark do anything when he gets home from work until he picks him up. It's cute how he hears the garage door open and he runs to the baby gate at the top of the stairs to wait for him (our garage is under the house, so that's why there are stairs going down to it).
My other realization last night came as I was getting ready for bed. I saw myself in the mirror and realized I'm pregnant and about to have a baby. Holy Cow. I know that seems like a dumb thing to just realize, but it seriously hit me like a ton of bricks. I mean it's not like I didn't know that before, but it's just crazy when something hits you like that. I'm so not ready at all. Thankfully I still have 2 months, but I honestly wish I had more like 5. I'm crazy I know, most pregnant women can't wait to not be pregnant and can't wait to meet their baby, but I'm so the opposite. It will be wonderful and amazing when she's here and I will be happy, but she can take her time getting here!
Other than that things are going good around here. I love that Colby has now become so much more cuddly than before. He will just come and sit next to me and lean against me. After his naps, he just wants to be held for at least 10-15 min. It's so nice right now, but hopefully he'll gain a little more independence in the next few months. In the mean time I'm enjoying the extra cuddles he's giving! He doesn't really say many words, but he sure knows what a lot of things are. I will ask him to get a certain toy or book and he will go and get it. We are working on parts of the body. He can usually point to our nose, eyes, ears, and mouth. He laughs at the most random things. Loves taking the dogs toys from her and running away giggling and looking back to make sure she's chasing him. They play tug a war a lot too. He's discovered how much he loves to grab the cats tail and never let go. The cats don't really appreciate it too much, but he doesn't realize that. He such a cutie! Love that kid.
Oh and for anyone who cares, we are sticking with the cloth diapering. I love it. I really don't find it to be all that much more work. I love not having to buy a pack of disposables at the store every week. I also love my trash not stinking any more. Colby could care less what is on his bum as long as it's put on him fast so he can continue playing. And Mark, he hasn't told me what he really thinks, but he changes the diapers and doesn't complain, so I guess it's good.
That's all for now. We had a fun weekend trip last weekend, I just need to get the pictures on the computer so I can post about that soon.
9 comments:
I'm glad the cloth diapers are working out for you. I think it's really cool, just don't think I could do it. And I hope the week Mark is gone flies by for you!
Yay for cloth diapers! You definitely save tons of money, which makes up for the little extra time spent in washing them. Loved the Colby updates. What a sweet little fella. What is CE? And where is it? Hopefully someplace warmer. Stay safe while Mark's gone.
I know what you mean about suddenly realizing you're pregnant. There was one day that I looked in the mirror and in my head freaked out for a second cause I thought, "Oh my gosh! I'm so fat, how did I gain so much weight." Then I remembered I was pregnant and that big belly was a baby and not fat. Haha. I felt silly after that.
I am one of those women who couldn't wait to NOT be pregnant anymore, but I only started thinking that in the last few weeks of being pregnant. You'll do fine of you're not completely ready when the baby comes, she won't know the difference.
I've been thinking about you a lot latley. I cant believe you only have two months to go untill the baby! Crazy! Cloth diapers, wow, good for you for even trying! Maybe I should. You will have to give me a call when your bored with out Mark.
I'm glad to hear the diapers are working out for you. That's awesome.
Your pregnancy has seemed to really fly by. I'm excited to see pictures of your new little girl, but I understand what you mean when you say she can take her time! Even though Little Sal was well past the age of 2 when I was pregnant the second time, I was still sad to see my time with Little Sal closing. The "just us" time. It was sad too because my baby wasn't going to be the baby anymore. I don't know...now it seems silly, but at the time I was pretty emotional about it.
We need more belly pictures!
i can't believe you only have two months left of your pregnancy! it's gone by so fast. hope your week is going well :)
Having your husband gone is the worst. I felt the same way you did when I was pregnant with Gunnar. I so wasn't ready to have another. But I was so ready to physically be done--it hurts!! It will be hard, but you won't regret it...who knows how many years for you to feel like that but the truth is now I love that I have Gunnar and Lily as close as they are. (Now that the hard part is over.)
Wanted to jump on and say that I LOVE Softbums! They are super trim and I love being able to take the insert out and stick a new one in without having to wash the cover for every change. Thanks for the reference!
My favorite part of cloth is not having a stinky garbage (or apartment!) anymore!
Post a Comment