I just started looking back through my old blog posts and it made me really sad. I kinda miss the past. I miss my days without kids, I miss that every blog post I used to do had at least one animal picture in it, I miss Texas, I miss going places when it was just Mark and I, I miss my job, I miss it all. Don't get me wrong I love Colby to death and I love baby girl too, I love being a mom (most of the time), I love that I get to stay home with my kids, I love that I have a cute kid to take pictures of, I love it all. But today I just want to go back in time and enjoy that part of my life over again. Call me crazy or whatever. I'll blame it on the hormones! lol
8 comments:
I totally understand, as I felt this way this week as well.
I guess I mostly just thought that I would have so much more time to get stuff done if I didn't have kids. My life consumes cleaning homework, cooking and then that same thing over and over. Most of the time I love it, but it gets exhausting. The funny thing though is that life would be kind of boring without my kids! Ha Ha
I know what you mean! Life is never the same once kids come into the picture for better and for worse. The funny thing is that now I can bearly remember my life before kids!
I know what you mean! You aren't alone! I loved just hanging out and going out without having to prepare! Its fun being a mom and all, but sometimes you need a break! Good luck! :)
Oh Courtney, so so normal! I am always in a struggle to find time for ME, which only happens at night when I finally get all 3 kids to sleep..so about an hour! But usually it goes to cleaning the house or talking/hanging out with Joe. So I always think back to pre-kid days. The older I get, the more things I want to do or try...and I wish I would have been where I am now, back then...make sense? lol hormones or not, it's totally normal to miss old days. I totally miss past times in my life! It's comfortable to do that. Looking ahead is scary and unpredicable! Who wants that?!
Love the new Colby photo on the side bar . More Colby posts....please. I've got a Colby addiction.
Yeah, but at the same time I'm sure you can't imagine your life without your son or your daughter. They're apart of you now. And if they were gone now that you have them, you'd be very upset.
I've thought about that too, but just not as in depth as you have...I will blame it on the hormones as well. Our lives have beocome more complicated and less selfish lately huh, I guess that's part of growing up and taking on more responsibilities.
I think it is normal for everyone to have times like this once in awhile. It's funny because when I finally do get some "me" time I find myself missing my little dude. Funny how that works! I'm excited for you and your little girl!
Post a Comment