Wednesday, January 13, 2010

29 Weeks....

So here we are starting the third trimester. Well I guess it's been a few weeks into it, but I feel a few weeks behind in everything. I meant to take a picture last week and post, but never got around to it. I've been trying to do one every 4 weeks this pregnancy. Hopefully I'll get back on track. :)

Anyways, things have been going on as they should. She kicks all the time and her kicks are becoming harder now. She prefers to kick me in the bladder, it's lovely let me tell you. But I guess it's better than Colby, he kicked one side of my ribs so much that I would wake up the morning seriously wondering who beat me up. I was so sore! And now that one side of my ribs sticks out more than the other, and I'm blaming it on the constant kicking. My last appointment was good, except I totally spaced it and didn't even know I missed it until the next day when I got a letter from them. Oops. Rescheduled it and went the next week. Everything was fine at that appointment, except the fact that I gained 12 lbs in 4 1/2 weeks. Are you kidding me!!! Whatever, I'm blaming it on the pumpkin cheesecake that I made for Mark's birthday and ate at least half of it, maybe more. Oh well, it was good cheesecake. I'm well prepared for the fact that I gain weight when I have a baby. With Colby I gained about 50lbs, so I'm figuring the same for this one. I've accepted the fact that I'm not one of those girls who only gains the "recommended 25-30lbs".

So here I am at 29 weeks. (picture seriously not that good of me so don't look too closely!)

Even though I've done this before, it still seems surreal that my body is going to get even bigger. I really don't mind being pregnant physically. My body takes it pretty well. I don't even get up at night to go to the bathroom. I've only had a little heartburn and I'm not as sore as I was a couple months ago. I do have a hard time with it mentally. With Colby I had a lot of anxiety and weird emotions. It's too hard to explain, I didn't even understand how I felt. A lot of uncertainty with labor, delivery, and caring for a baby. This time around I know what that's going to be like, so I'm prepared that way. But I'm so scared about having two kids and having them so close. I go through my moments of "I can't handle this and why me" and then I have other times when I feel like I can do it. I am on a total emotional roller coaster and I think Mark is getting sick of it. I feel bad because he takes the brunt of my emotional craziness. I'll be fine and then he says one thing and I blow up over dumb stuff like taking the trash out. Seriously I think pregnancy makes me crazy.

As a side note I had a dream that I had the baby and she was actually a boy. I cried in the dream. I'm still scared that they told me the wrong sex of the baby. Not that it would be too big of a deal, I would just have a lot of girl clothes that would be put into storage. Anyways, other than that we are all doing good. I'm going to still try to post Christmas stuff, I just have had no motivation at all since we got home. So we will see if that happens.

Oh and one other thing, I guess I can share...we have a name that we like for now. It still may change because you never know. But we both really like the name Saige or Sage (not sure how I want to spell it, I'm leaning towards the first one because I think it's more feminine, but then she'll probably have to spell her name for the rest of her life). For a middle name it's been hard. Mark doesn't care as much about it, but I think it has to be at least two syllables because Sage is only one and it sounds weird with one syllable middle names. So right now we have thought of Brooklyn and Elizabeth. I'm leaning towards Brooklyn because I think it sounds best, but who knows. That's all for now!

16 comments:

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

You are cute pregnant :) And I love Saige or Sage as a name. PS- My new pathopharm teacher seriously looks exactly like you...sort of freaked me out when I met her yesterday! haha. Hopefully she's nice like you too.

Dayna said...

For what it's worth, having to spell out your name your entire life is annoying, and people will pronounce it wrong no matter how easy it should be! I've been called Danya, Diana, Dana, Danyana, etc. And if she ever marries someone with a weird last name she'll be double messed up! Dayna Willems is going to be Dana Williams for the rest of my life. Just some insight from someone with an 'extra letter' according to society :)

I do love the name Sage though! You look great and Colby is getting so big! He's gonna be a little heartbreaker once day!

Jeff, Traci and Kaden said...

Thanks for the info on the cloth diapers! Last night I ordered a few FB OS and I'm measuring Kaden today to order some of the trial packages that are out there. I'm interested in pocket, AIO and fitted. But not at all interested in prefolds for a toddler, but maybe for a newborn. I have done HOURS of research and even have been having dreams of cloth diapers. I'm excited to give it a try :D

By the way, thanks again for helping us out when first moving here. The group didn't have playdates in the fall but they're starting it up again this week. Unfortunatly we don't have a car this week and we'll be moving in March so I'm not sure if I'll start going or not. But I was able to hang out with Amber a few times.

Emily said...

You're so cute! I love the pregnant belly. It almost makes me want to get pregnant again.
I'm so glad you're having a girl. They're so much fun!
I totally know what you mean by freaking out mentally. I did the same thing, but I bet it helps some that you did this before. As far as taking care of two children maybe it'll help you if you remember that you only live one day at a time, so only think about one day at a time.
I'm glad that you're doing well physically. You look great still. You don't look like you've gained much weight...except for baby.
I like Saige Brooklyn. If I got to vote that would be it. But good luck agreeing, that was hard for Tyler and I.
Hey! I write novels too. (I don't mind when you do... It's fun!)

Baby Boomer Grammy said...

Yay!Finally a new post. You're fans are demanding more, so we all think that should be enough motivation to post more. Baby bump is lookin good. We demand more of Colby!(the sooner the better) He was so cute on Skype. I dreamed about hugging and kissing him last night.

Lyssa Beth said...

lol i'm one of those "will gain 50 lbs no matter what" type of girls when I get pregnant too. Everyone has been around 50 lbs. I more just care that I can shed them off inbetween. But with the no dairy diet, it's actaully shedding off quite quick without exercise..pretty nice!
Anyways, I love that name! I personally like the first one too. It does look feminine. And either one of those middle names are adorable. I can't wait to see her! I am very excited for you. Hang in there and do as much "just you and colby" stuff because it will be rare to have that after Saige comes :)

Rachelle Underwood said...

Courtney, way to hang in there. I know what you mean about the weight thing. I always gain 50 pounds, it's just the way my body deals with prenancy...I do hate it, but it's life. At least you know that after the baby comes, you will be shedding the pounds fast with a toddler and a new born! You are going to great. You can handle it! P.S. I like the name Saige too!

JoEllen said...

I too am someone who gains alot of weight pregnant. Guilt free donuts!? You bet! :)

I like Saige Brooklyn, that's my vote. I am slightly biased though because I play on having a little girl someday with the first name of Brooklyn. I just love it.

Hormones are weird when you're pregnant. Especially when you're pregnant and already caring for another child and a household. There are good days and bad days. Just keep at it! One day we'll blink and wonder where our babies have gone...

I too think you make a very cute pregnant girl. (I wish my butt stayed small like yours. Ha!)

Rolene and David said...

It looks like things are going well! You look great! Don't worry about your emotions, they are normal. I think everyone is a bit apprehensive and moody when they are pregnant. I have never seen a pregnant lady cool as a cucumber! Good luck! :)

sylvia said...

If there's ever a good time to eat whatever want, it's when you're pregnant. I gain at least 50 pounds with my pregnancies too.

Shawntel said...

My niece is named Saige and I love it! Also, don't feel overwhelmed with 2 kids...that really happens at 3!!! I have no doubts that you'll be able to handle anything you're given, cause that's what we do as moms (there's really no choice!). I sure wish at times like this though that we lived closer so that we could raise our kids together! Miss ya girl!

Beth said...

I know what you mean about the emotional rollercoaster you are on. I would get so mad about the stupidest things. You'll get through this, and you will amaze yourself what you can do. Love ya and I hope we can get together soon.

Hilary said...

If it makes you feel better I think I gained at least 1/2 as much as you did over the last month or so. Too much good food hanging aroung :) You're a great mom and my little niece to be is lucky to have you so don't worry you'll figure it out! I of course am still voting for Saige Brooklyn since I came up with the "Brooklyn" part!! Love you, don't freeze to death up there!

Jill said...

Thanks for the update Courtney! You are looking great. And I love the name Sage, or Saige - either spelling is good to me! The middle names you picked out are cute too. Good luck with the rest of pregnancy!

Scottkids said...

I saw your blog from my friend Mindy's blog, and I love to look and read about other preggos! You are look adorable, and I am glad that everything is going well in your pregnancy.

P.S. I like Saige as well, and I think both middle names sound good!

Feel free to visit my blog anytime! I'm 26 1/2 weeks pregnant!

Scottkids said...

Oh yeah, one last thing! You do not look at all like you gain 50 pounds!