Monday, May 19, 2008

Back from Colorado...

Well I'm back from my vacation to see my wonderful family in good old Colorado. I'm too tired to update tonight, but will be updating soon. :)

Update time....So I spent 5 wonderful days with my family. The main reason I went out there is to see my baby sister, Whitney, graduate from high school. I can't believe that she's old enough for that. Amazing how fast time flies.



















There she is my little sister, now she's off to the University of Utah. My family is all grown up now. It's crazy. So we spent most of the week celebrating the graduation, went to some parties with her and got to see some of my old friends. It was fun to catch up with people.
I also got to meet my future brother-in-law. One of my other sisters Mallory is getting married in August to Jon Hummer. He seems to be a good guy. So I will be once again make a trip to Colorado. Yeah! another excuse to see my family.
While I was there I got to announce to my family that I'm Pregnant! It's crazy I know. I am about 3 months right now and I'm due Nov. 27. Yep that's right, Thanksgiving Day. My mom was so excited and happy. She was totally surprised and had no idea. It was so hard to keep it from her for this past month and a half. I got all of my family t-shirts to announce it. My mom's said "I'm going to be a grandma", my dad's said "soon to be grandad", my sisters said "Future Aunt". So while I was there my mom had to buy something for the baby, so she got a few onsies and sleepers. One of them says "If mom says no, ask grandma". Haha...love it! So my trip home was wonderful and fun. Too short of course, but I did miss Mark since he wasn't able to come because of school. When I got back in on Sunday we called his parents to tell them. They are happy and excited too. His mom told me that Mark's sister is due like 2 weeks before me! So fun!!
So I have been feeling under the weather due to this little baby. Especially at night, so that's why I haven't really been able to go to any craft nights or scrapbooking. It's been a bummer, but luckily I haven't been super sick and it's been getting better lately. I went to the doctor for the first time at 8 weeks and they did an ultrasound and got to hear the heartbeat. It was so tiny and doesn't even look like a baby. I just went in for my next appointment today and we got to hear the heartbeat. Sometimes the whole thing just doesn't feel real to me. It's just crazy. So I guess we're havin' a baby. :)

Oh and one more thing that makes me happy....Mark is done with his 3rd year! Now only one more left to go. Now he gets to be lazy for the next month, while I work. I guess he deserves it!

18 comments:

Rachelle Underwood said...

I don't know where we are moving, but our set interest rate on our loan is almost up, and we don't want to re-finance.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Kids are the best, totally worth the nine months it takes to cook them up!!

Blair's said...

I am so excited for you. CONGRADULATIONS!!! Becoming a mom is truely a blessing. Its amazing, you will see. No matter what the next 6 months have in store for you, its all worth it. Good luck with everything.

Jessica said...

so,so,so happy for you guys!!

Beth said...

Yeah Courtney and Mark! Now Whitney will have someone to play with when we get together! Sorry you're been sick, but it's worth it!

Jenny Ricks said...

Congratulations! I was wondering when the baby bug was going to bite ;) I'm really happy for you guys!

JoEllen said...

congrats to you and your cute hubby! You needed another little critter in that house of yours...I bet your dog will be so good with your little one! They'll make a great pair!

It looks like you had a great time in CO. It's so fun to spread news around like that. I love that your mom had to buy baby stuff RIGHT NOW! So, cute!

Emily said...

Sounds like you had a fun trip home! We're excited for both of you, you'll make great parents!

Emily said...

Thanks. It was fun to see you this weekend too. Cute blog. Has anyone ever told you that you look like Katharine Hepburn?

Josh, Shauna, Allison, Brynlee said...

Congratulations on the pregnancy!!! I am so excited for you! I can't believe you baby sister graduated or that Mallory is getting married! Time really has flown by. I to remember 5 years ago when we were 15 and couldn't wait to turn 16 and date. Sophomore year was so much fun!

Lauren said...

congratulations! we were so excited when we heard the news. hope you are feeling well. we miss ya'll and hope to see you soon!

Edwards. said...

Congratulations! Babies are so much fun! I just love them! Hope the pregnancy goes well! It's worth every stretch mark, every broken rib, and all the pain in the end! Ok, ok, so its really not that bad! Congrats again!

Martins said...

Wow, I can't believe it! How exciting! No wonders you have been m.i.a. for awhile. I'm so happy for you! That's awesome you could tell your family in person. Now we both can shop for baby stuff! Happy Day!

Jami Black said...

Holy crap! I am so excited that you joined the pregnancy group! I can't to find out what you are having! Hope you are feeling better soon!

The Shirleys said...

Congrats! Congrats! Another year of school done AND a little one on the way! WE are so excited for you!

The Porters said...

So are you leaning one way or the other as to what you want or are you just excited to be a mom??

By the way I tagged you in my blog, just look at my page to see what I mean

Jill said...

Congratulations - I am so excited and happy for you! Good luck with your pregnancy and I hope you're feeling well.

Stefani said...

Yeah Courtney!!! That is such happy news! I am very excited for you guys! Congratulations!!