Thursday, July 8, 2010

What we've been up too...

I'm trying to catch up! The month of June was pretty busy for us and we managed to get in a couple fun trips.

Fargo, ND (June 7-10)
The first trip we took was just over to Fargo, ND. Nothing too exciting, Mark had a conference for work so me and the kids tagged along. I just decided that I didn't want to stay home alone for 4 days with the kids. So we spent most of our time in the hotel room but it was still fun to stay somewhere different. One night we went to Chuck E Cheese. Colby had a lot of fun there.

Some of the rides and games he played.

Checking out the crazy singing guys that they have there. Colby liked watching them but when I put him up next to one he wasn't too happy.

Yummy Pizza! Colby of course loves pizza.

Saige spent time sleeping in her car seat.

Trying to get a pic with my kids.

We went swimming a few times while we were there. Saige got to go for her first swim. She wasn't too amused by it, but she tolerated it.

Colby loved being in the water. So he had lots of fun.

And that was about it for that trip. It wasn't very exciting but I was just happy to not be home alone.

Minneapolis/St Paul (June 17-19)
Then next trip we took was to Minneapolis/St Paul. We planned it to kinda celebrate our 4th Anniversary, but it was more about doing some fun stuff that Colby would enjoy.

Our first day there we went to the Mall of America. So big and cool. I forgot to bring my camera but we are planning to go back at some point. It has an amusement park in the middle of the mall. Colby and I got a pic with Spongebob. Colby was a little freaked out by the huge Spongebob, so maybe next time he'll like him. We also stopped by Ikea (love that place) for some new covers for our couch. I could spend hours there, but of course never get to when I've got kids with me. But it's ok, we got what we needed.

The second day we spent at the Children's Museum. It was such an awesome place. If we lived in the city I would be taking my kids there all the time. It was the perfect mix of stuff to play and stuff to learn. Colby loved being able to run where ever and touch everything! Saige spent her time crying or sleeping. (I accidentally ate food with milk in it for breakfast and she let me know that she did not like it)

The water area was by far his favorite. We had to drag him away from it to see the rest of the place.

They had an outdoor art area. This part was painting with water on rocks.

And drawing with sidewalk chalk.
They had a great toddler area where big kids weren't allowed. It was nice for him to be able to explore without the bigger kids. He did this slide over and over.
Pushing cars around! He loves to push things, so this was a fun spot for him.
This was like a factory set up thing I think. I can't remember exactly, but they had conveyor belts and lifts to move these big foam blocks around.
Driving the bus! (or maybe it was the subway?)
This was the woods/animal area. It was all about different habitats for different animals.


And Saige, sleeping away!
I tried to get Colby to come and sit by me for a pic, but this was about as close as he would get. Too much to do, he didn't have time to stop for a picture!
The last day we went to a small zoo, Como Park Zoo. It's much smaller than the Minneapolis Zoo but it's also free (they have a suggested donation of a couple bucks). We knew Colby would last long, so we picked this place so when we had to leave early we wouldn't be disappointed. And it was a good thing, since he was not in a good mood at all. He wanted to run and touch the animals, so he wasn't happy when he couldn't do either of those.

Checking out the Polar Bears.

And the Orangutans.


Andy's Wedding (June 24-27)
The last trip was for a Wedding! Mark's brother, Andy, got married in Utah. So Mark and Colby flew out for it. We decided that Saige and I would be better off at home. We just didn't think she would do well traveling all day. I really wished I could have been there, but I'm just glad that Mark was able to go and celebrate with his brother. We decided to have Colby go with him so that I wouldn't be home alone with both kids for 4 days. Plus he's free to fly, so why not! I really thought I would love getting a little break, but it was so hard for me to watch him leave. I'm used to Mark leaving every now and then for work and such, but I've never been away from Colby so it was a little sad for me. But I know Mark took good care of him and they had lots of fun with the family.

All the brothers together.

My boys!


Colby at the wedding. Who knows what he's doing, probably eating something off the floor.
Colby and Mark at the wedding.

One of the days they were there, they all went to a lake for a little while. So Colby got to play in the lake, which he loves to do.



And that pretty much sums up the month of June. It was busy for us and went by so fast. I can't believe it's July already. Saige also turned 3 months old at the end of the month...I need to post about that too!

6 comments:

Beth said...

It was nice to see Mark and Colby while they were here, it's been a long time :)

Beth said...

I'm glad you added more...your trips sound like lots of fun. I've got to go to The mall of America someday! Children's museums are so much fun for the kids, I bet Colby was really tired that night.

Emily said...

Looks like ya'll are having a fun summer! Colby was such a good little boy in Utah, he is so cute! I have some pictures of him and Mark I'm going to email you.

Baby Boomer Grammy said...

Colby is so cute in his red sneakers and that red apron in the museum. Saige is so cute floating in the swimming pool. We love all the photos of our precious Minnesota grandbabies. What fun times you had.

Jenny Ricks said...

I wish you could have come to Utah too! That children's museum looks awesome!

The Shirleys said...

Wow! What a fun month. I love the pool pictures. Saige looks so comfy in her little tube. YOu have such cute kids!