This is a post I've been trying to do for almost three weeks now. I spend plenty of time in front of the computer but usually my hands are full with Saige so I don't get a chance to blog or upload pictures. Seriously two kids takes up way more of my time than I ever thought. The days just fly by so fast I can't even remember what day of the week it is. So back to the reason for this post...
Colby 18 Months
Colby is 18 months old! I can't believe he's hit the halfway mark already. I look back at pictures from the past few months and am amazed at how fast he went from baby to toddler. He's really a little boy now. Since it was his half birthday (and since his birthday is in the winter so it's hard to get him fun outdoor toys when he can't even use them) we got him his own little 4-wheeler. He is obsessed with our 4-wheeler we got a few months ago. He seriously cries hard if anyone rides on it without him. He will chase after it. So since he loves it so much we got him a smaller one just for him. He LOVES this thing, cries when he has to go inside. He doesn't know how to steer very well yet, but will catch on soon.
He loves playing with his cars, usually the first thing he gets out to play with in the morning. He has lots of different ones, but he likes his big remote control one. Except we don't let him use the remote all the time since he'll just drive it into a corner and let the wheels keep spinning. He tends to just push it around the house and likes it just as much. I just thought he was so cute one day just sitting with his car. I think something was on the tv that he's pointing to.

Just a day at the park. He mostly likes going up and down stairs at the park, sometimes he'll go down the slide but just prefers playing on the stairs. He also loves rocks so he is constantly looking for them and picking them up.
About Colby at 18 months: ( I really do this for me so I can remember, sorry if these things are boring)
*Loves playing with cars
*Loves throwing balls
*Started stacking blocks
*Likes to push things around (cars, boxes, wagon)
*Fav things to eat: banana, applesauce, yogurt, milk, juice, spaghetti, pizza, cheeseburger, corn, cereal (esp lucky charms), fruit snacks, granola bars, crackers, oranges, grapes.
*Pretty good at feeding himself with a spoon and fork
*Only uses his left hand to eat, color, etc
*Obsessed with the 4-wheeler, loves to play outside on his trike and push cars around
*Likes to splash in the tub and swimming pool
*Laughs when Akira chases him
*Chases the cats, pulls tails, pats them, pretty much annoys them in any way possible
*Likes to sit on top of Akira
*Fav books are Race Cars and Baby Einstein's picture book
*Has three night time books that he will usually bring to me in his room before bed
*Goes to sleep for night and nap so easy (he doesn't even want to be held anymore, just a binky and his giant spongebob) I miss our cuddle time, but it does make it easier during the day
*Has this one toy bucket that he always puts on his head
*Knows hand motions to several songs (Itsy Bitsy Spider, twinkle twinkle little star, monkeys jumping on the bed, wheels on the bus, I have little pony)
*Used to give kisses all the time, but hasn't for a little while now
*Gives high fives and fist bumps
*Will point to his ear, eye, nose, mouth, teeth, toes, belly button
*Wears 18 months -2T clothes, size 6 shoes
*Likes to brush his teeth with his spongebob toothbrush
*Walks up and down the stairs with little to no help (supervised of course)
*Goes to bed around 7:30pm and will sleep till 8-9am
*Takes one 2-3 hour nap a day
*Doesn't talk yet (has said dog, but only a few times) Just points and whines till he gets what he wants
*Gets concerned when Saige cries and tries to put her binky in her mouth, then he will steal it from her
*Shows us his muscles
*When I ask him how big is Colby? he puts his hands in the air and I say so big! (thanks JoEllen for the idea to teach him that, he loves it!)
*Still loves to eat the dog and cat food. (I finally got a baby proof latch to put on the dog food and then somehow he reached the cat food on the counter and pulled it down spilling it everywhere!)
*Likes to flush the toilet for us
*Helps with the dishes by closing the dishwasher when I'm in the middle of washing
*During Saige's diaper changes he gets the bum cream and wants some on his finger and then will put it on her bum and then wipes the extra on the diaper and then pulls the diaper up. Sometimes if I don't let him do the cream, he will grab my finger that has the cream on it and guide it to her bum. (so random I know, but it's kinda cute that he wants to help me)
* Enjoys bouncing Saige in her chair, usually it's too rough and I have to stop him.
*He tries to sit in her bouncy chair and in the bumbo (today he tried to sit on top of her while she was in her bouncer, yikes!)
*We play a little stinky feet game, where Colby smells Saige's feet and then jumps back and puts his hand up to his nose and I say "eww stinky feet". He loves it! He will also stick his feet in Saige's face or mine if I let him.
*Likes to bring Saige his cars and put them on her belly
*We got him a potty, so he has started sitting on the potty. I'm not really trying to train him, just get him used to it.
*When we tell him something is hot he squints his eyes.
*He will randomly dance to music and commercials on tv. He usually raises his shoulders up and down and sometimes will move his hips, but it's usually just the shoulders, crazy kid!
*Waves bye bye, when a stranger says bye to him he will wait till they aren't looking at him and then wave to them.
*Holds phones and anything that looks kinda like a phone up to his ear like he's talking on the phone.
(I know there are a million other things that I want to remember about him, but it's so hard while I'm sitting her to think of them.)
Stats from his checkup (6/2/10):
Weight: 26lbs 6oz
Height: 33 inches
Head circumference: 18 3/4 inches
(I think they were all around the 50th percentile, I forgot to ask)
This checkup he didn't have to get any shots, so that was good for us both. He did get his blood drawn to check hemoglobin level and for lead. He was great for it. He sat on my lap and I held him while they held his arm and he just let out a little whine/whimper but he never cried. I was really surprised. He didn't want to leave the band aid on so I distracted him until we got to the car and then he ripped it off as fast as he could.
He is such a fun little boy. He drives me nuts most days, but makes up for it with his cuteness! I'm always amazed at the things he learns. I just love when I see him doing something new for the first time. Like when I saw him get out the blocks on his own and start stacking them. Or one day when I was putting groceries away, he found a bag of canned food and started stacking them. Or when one day I sang the wheels on the bus and he started doing the hand motions for it. I love how he waves bye bye when he goes to bed at night. I love how when we tell him to go to sleep (when it's not time for bed) he will still get a pillow and lay down on it and close his eyes. Sometimes he puts his stuffed animals to bed by laying them on a pillow and covering them with a blanket. I think one of my most favorite things to hear is him laughing at Akira or one of the cats. He thinks everything they do is so funny. I love watching him and Akira chase each other around the room. He has the cutest laugh. Anyways, that was a totally random paragraph about my baby boy. I just love that kid!
One of the rare moments where I convinced Colby to sit nicely next to Saige (not on top of her) and she was actually happy sitting there with him and he didn't start freaking out that she was touching him. Shortly after this picture Colby tried to feed her a teddy graham. lol He's always trying to feed her his food and give her his sippy cup. He also likes to lay on top of her, I'm not sure if he's trying to love on her or just smother her. He's a crazy kid.
Saige 2 Months
Now it's Saige's turn! My baby girl is 2 months now, wow! And boy has she grown. She is a much different baby than Colby but we love her tons. These are some pictures taken over the past month. Here I think she was about 7 weeks.

Smiles for the camera! She smiles at me lots. I love her cute little smile. I love it when she sticks her tongue out. Sometimes she'll be sucking on her binky and then see me and smile while sucking, for some reason I think it's adorable. Her first real smile was May 12, but it took me a while to capture it.


Another cute smile!
The rest of these I took right after she turned 2 months old. She was not very happy to be awake and taking pictures, so most of them she is sleeping for.
A little tummy time, she really doesn't like to be on her tummy. So she usually wont lift her head up very high, she just starts crying and puts her face down. But every now and then she'll have a good time with it for a few minutes.

Sweet sleeping baby.
She woke up for a few seconds during my photo taking time and I caught one picture with her eyes partially open.
*She smiles! Especially when I smile or talk to her.
*Her eyes are still blue, they have gotten lighter since she was born
*Her hair has gotten a little lighter, but it's still brown. It's also got a lot thinner, I'm just hoping she doesn't end up with just the little tuft of hair on the top!
*Her hair drives me nuts, it's always sticking up weird or the front part wants to go to the side. She has this thick part in the middle and the rest is so much thinner, it looks kinda silly and I just want to cut it, maybe I will!
*She nurses every 3 hours during the day. At night she will usually have one longer stretch which is 5-6 hours.
*She goes to bed in her own bed but ends up in bed with me to nurse and usually stays there the rest of the night/morning since I'm lazy
*Likes to stay up with me till 10 or 11 and sleep till 9 ( I love that my kids let me sleep till 9 right now, it's great!!)
*She really enjoys her play mat,
*She grabs at the toys hanging above the play mat, sometimes she actually gets a hold of them and then wont let go.
*She's still a binky baby
*She naps a lot in her bouncy chair
*Wearing 3-6 month clothes, some 6-12 month ones too
*Is content when I change her diaper, but hates changing her clothes
*She is much more particular about things than Colby was, she will stop nursing when she has to burp. She prefers to be held facing out with my arm wrapped around her and of course likes it best when I walk around with her, no sitting down!
*She likes to be in a sling, but only if she's tired.
*She seems to always be fussy and crying when Mark gets home from work, poor guy I feel bad that she always cries then.
*She has become so much more aware of me and her surroundings. She likes to always be able to see me or mark.
*She "talks" a lot, lots of cooing and gurgling noises. She really talks after she eats.
Stats from her checkup (6/4/10)
Weight: 15lbs 13oz (completely off the charts, she's huge! Colby at this age was 14lbs and was in the top percentile)
Height: 22 3/4 inches (61%)
Head Circumference: 16 inches (75%)
She got her shots at this check up and she cried of course. But the worst part was an oral vaccine for Rotavirus. She hated it and was crying so then she would choke on the liquid. So annoying, I swear Colby didn't get any oral vaccine. Other wise she calmed down as soon as it was over and I was holding her.
She's a big fat chunky baby and I love it. Well except the fact that she outgrew her clothes so fast and some of her 3-6 month stuff is just too tight, especially around her waist. I tried to put a swimsuit on her that was 3-6 months and it came half way up her belly and that was it. Way to small! She had to wear a 24 month suit and it was a little big on her but not much. Crazy! I love this little girl, she's so sweet. I just love it when she started smiling. She's so cute with her little smile. When she talks I think it's adorable. We have little cooing conversations. :) I figured out that she doesn't have reflux problems but she is sensitive to the proteins in milk products. So I have stopped drinking milk or eating anything with milk or whey in it. It's kinda hard, but so worth it. She is a much happier baby now. The worst thing for me is no cheese. I really like cheese in stuff. But oh well. It is worth it. I drink soy milk and I actually like it. I prefer the plain kind because the vanilla is just too sweet for me. And I also found soy ice cream! It's pretty good. All the soy stuff is good, it just has kind of a nutty aftertaste.
I'm doing good with the adjustment. I think it's funny when people see me and all they say is you've got your hands full. I really don't think it's that bad. For the most part I can handle everything. Well most everything, a lot of times dishes aren't done or dinner isn't fancy, but I know it will get easier. I still have plenty of rough days when I think I'm just not cut out for this, but I know I really wouldn't change a thing. I think having the two of them this close together is worth it. I just can't wait till they start interacting more. It will be so fun. They are both great kids and I'm lucky to have them around. I can't believe how much they've grown!
(And if you actually made it to the end of this post I'm impressed. I know it's super long but I just had to get it all down!)


9 comments:
They are just so cute. I think Colby looks like you and Saige is starting to look like Mark. Both stages are fun!
And I'm glad that she's doing better without the dairy in your diet. There are a lot of options these days with soy!
Some days, it can get hairy but somehow, we adjust..I mean, how in the world do I have 3 kids and live to tell the tale?! It's a miracle really!
love all the photos! saige is soooo cute! i can't believe she is over 15 lbs! you must be feeding her whale milk. i'm so sad ya'll live so far away and we don't get to see her. give her (and colby)lots of hugs and kisses from us. are you thinking of maybe coming down to see everyone for christmas?
I agree with Lauren - 15 pounds at 2 months! Holy crap she's chunky!! And yes, I totally love that diaper. It's super cute. I have a pregnant friend now who is debating about using cloth, and I told her all about you and how you LOVE it. I think she may just do it.
Colby is super cute! I wish you had a video of him doing some of his songs. I think 18 months is my favorite age. They really become little kids. You can interact more and teach them new things all the time. Like the actions to songs, and doing the dishes and stuff like that. They just absorb so much.
It's so good to get an update on your two kiddos! They're adorable. I can't believe your dishes don't get done only "sometimes." :) You're awesome!!
It's about time! I made it all the way to the end! And honestly, WHAT is in your breast milk! I want a chubby baby so bad they are sooo cute! Swayzee MAYBE weight 9 pounds, and just turned 2 months. She is my little bug, just like Mykelle. (She is till so cute though! That sounded bad) Sounds like you are handking everything great! They will be the BEST buds, and it will be so awesome!
Colby looks so old now. Handsome as ever! Saige has the sweetest lips, and I'm loving her chunky legs. You're doing great, Courtney.
So I had to wait a few days to comment because I had to soak in all the information you gave us in the worlds longest post...J/K Colby is looking like such a little boy. I'm glad that you went ahead and got him a 4wheeler in the summer instead of waiting til his bday. Saige is such a chunk!! She weight more then Brooke! I'm glad she is much happier now that you stopped eating dairy. Such cute pics of both the kids.
Love all of the pictures! I am working on an 18-month post for Jackson and it's fun to see he and Colby's similarities. Cute cute kids!
You are so good about remembering all the little things! I need to get on that. It is crazy to think you have a child that is Cameron's age and then a baby after that...I would die! You are handling things so wonderfully! Love seeing the pics!
Post a Comment