Thursday, May 6, 2010

Trouble with a capital T!

So when Colby's not stealing Saige's binky or hitting her on the head with his sippy cup he's found another way to get in trouble.


He just loves to knock over the dog food container and dump out tons of dog food. This has seriously become a daily occurrence lately. Usually I just get upset and clean it up but today I decided I should document it with a photo since this seems to be happening way to often. Yesterday he had a pile twice this big before I noticed what he was doing. While I clean it up Colby, Akira, and sometimes Butters race to eat as much of it as they can before I get it all picked up. Yes I said Colby, my son loves to eat dog food. Gross I know, but oh well. And Butters the cat also enjoys it, crazy animal.

Someone looks a little guilty here with a mouth full of dog food! Sometimes I don't know what I'm going to do with this kid. Later today I caught him in the dog food again, this time he didn't knock it over, he just had his hand in it trying to grab a few pieces. I wish I had a pantry or something to put the food in but I don't. Not that it would really help since he can open doors. Oh well, for now I'll be picking up dog food daily until Colby decides that dog food is not a good snack!

5 comments:

Lyssa Beth said...

Oh boy...your son has dog breath!
lol
What a mischievous little cutie!
You should get a latch or something to put on top of the dog bin. I use one of those on our DVD swinging door on our entertainment center because Kate likes to take them all out!

Unknown said...

That is halarious! Gabe does the same exact thing- sometimes he will carry the dog food bowl over to the dogs and feed them as well as take a few pieces for himself. All you can do is laugh. Love the documentation :) And i dont know what way your doors open, but Gabe opens all the doors too and at Lowes we got these things called slip locks, anyways you screw them up high where he cant reach and you just slip it up and over to open the door and its out of the way. But when Colby's awake you slip it back over and there is no way he can get the door open. They are my best friends! : )

Emily said...

That is too funny. I'm glad we don't have a big thing of dog food around here; that looks like something Laila would love to get in to also.

JoEllen said...

Both my little boys LOVED the taste of dog food. I don't know why. It's too hard to eat for soft teeth. Kids are so funny!! one minute you think they're totally occupied, and the next you realize they just made a huge mess for you to clean up. Awesome.

Colby is pretty darn cute though!

The Porters said...

hahaha!!! Jaxon eats the cat food all the time! and after he swallows he follows with a "mmmm" I am like um no its not "mmmm" Oh well what can you do with them :) Your little family is super cute!