Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Lately...

Saige has been much more fussy lately and I think she's got some issues with reflux. Every evening she only wants to be held upright with my arm around her belly, any other position causes lots of crying. Most of the time after she spits up, she cries. Of course the doctor doesn't want to use meds yet, so we get to try and find a solution for her. Today she seemed better, I started doing more frequent and smaller feedings in the evening. Also I stop her two or three times during a feeding to burp and let her digest a little. So lets hope she gets over this and goes back to happy baby.

On another note this week I successfully took two kids to my doctors appointment and a full grocery shopping trip. (prior to this I've only make trips to the store with both of them for just a few things and I've done my major grocery shopping on the weekend) The doctors appointment wasn't too bad since the nurse entertained them for me. As for grocery shopping, luckily Saige likes being in a sling. She just slept the whole time. Colby has gotten so good at walking next to me and holding my hand. Before Saige was born he hated it and it was such a pain to get him to stay by me. Now he's so good about it, thank goodness! He only ran from me once when I let go of his hand to put Saige in the cart at Target, but at least it was inside of Target. :)

Saige is getting so big so fast, I can't believe it. She's almost two months old, which is crazy to me. Colby's almost 18 months, which is even more crazy. Pretty soon I have to take them both to the doctor for shots, that should be interesting. Sorry I don't have any pictures for this post. I have a bunch but I haven't put them on my computer yet. :) Hopefully I'll get around to that eventually. So for now this is all.


5 comments:

Lyssa Beth said...

They won't let you give her meds yet? Luke was a month when they gave him some stuff. Also try elevating her mattress up a bit so she's at an angle when she sleeps. kate had it a bit. it could also be fussiness from your diet, possibly dairy? i just have to throw that out there since I had no idea until Luke. And it helped his crying...
It is such a huge occasion when you can get out of the house alone with multiple kids! Good Job! You gotta love those carts!

Emily said...

Oh I'm so glad it went well. I was just waiting for you to mention something bad, but I'm glad you had a successful outing.
I hope the possible reflux gets better soon.

Baby Boomer Grammy said...

You are such a good mom to figure out just how to hold Saige to make her feel better. She could just be swallowing a lot of air when she eats, and so the smaller, more frequent feedings help. I'm sure she'll outgrow this. Seems to be a fairly common thing.

Jenny Ricks said...

Oh I hope Saige feels better soon! You are so awesome that you are already a pro at grocery shopping with two kiddies! I can't even handle one while shopping! :)

Beth said...

Poor little Saige. I hope that the smaller meals and lots of burping helps her feel better soon. I hate when kids get shots, it's so sad:(. I'm glad Saige likes the sling.