Saturday, May 1, 2010

Saige One Month Old

So my little Saige is now one month old. It's hard to believe that a month has past since her birth day. She has grown so much and is still a cutie. She is a sweet girl unless she needs to burp or has gas, then she gets so upset. She loves her binky and gets mad when her brother steals it. On Monday (4-26) she already weighed 11 1/2 lbs. She is really starting to stare at me and focus on me. Sometimes she looks like she's about to smile, but no real smiles yet. She is getting pretty good at holding her head up. She has also starting making a few cooing noises. She spits up quite a bit just like Colby. I was really hoping for a baby that didn't but oh well. So far she tolerates all of Colby's hitting, poking, and rocking. He tries to be soft and nice, but it only lasts for a minute. She is pretty content during the day, takes great naps, has some fussy time in the late evening, and goes to bed for the night around 10 or 11. She will usually wake up once or twice in through the night to eat and goes right back to sleep. She loves to be snuggled in a soft fluffy blanket. She doesn't really like a tight swaddle, she prefers her arms to be out of the swaddle and up above her head. We've had a couple of rough nights, but for the most part she's been easy at night. Her hair is still a dark brown (much darker than Colby's ever was). She has dark blue/grey eyes (about the same as Colby's at this age). Thats about all for now.


Here are a couple of pictures that have been taken over the past few weeks. Hopefully I'll get some better ones of her this weekend.



9 comments:

Emily said...

Sooo cute and tiny!!! I just want to pick her up and hold her. I'm glad she's a good, happy baby for you!

Jenny Ricks said...

What a cutie! She looks so much like Colby in that second picture!

Beth said...

I'm not a big fan of spit up either! Brooke has pretty much stopped, so maybe Saige will stop soon too. At least it's not stunting her growth :) Cute pics, I love her hair. I also love her little stripped outfit...so cute!

Baby Boomer Grammy said...

Thanks for a new post. Can't get enough photos of that little cutie. Saige has definitely lost that newborn look.
Hard to believe she's already 1 month old.

Emily said...

You're lucky she is sleeping so good at night! She is so cute!

Stephanie said...

Congratulations! I'm glad to hear she is being nice to you at night:)Such beautiful kids!

JoEllen said...

Sooooo sweet. 1 month already? Time really flies.

Rachelle Underwood said...

Can she get any cuter? I swear, you really do have the cutest kids! Brent spit up alot as well, it's a bummer but, it could be worse :)

Kristen said...

Such a cute sleeper. She looks so soft and snuggly. I can't believe it's been a month. Chuckles that Colby steals her binky.