Bemidji has this festival every year called Logging Days. They hold it up at the ski resort here. They had a pancake breakfast, sleigh rides, activities for kids, and a bunch of other stuff. It was last weekend.
Colby wanted to be a big boy and walk all over by himself. It's funny when he walks in the snow he always looks down the whole time. And if he sees a big chunk of snow he has to smash it.
He loved the horses, he kept pointing at them while we were there. This horse seemed nice, so we let him get a little close to it. I don't think he actually touched it, I did so I know it was a nice horse. But he was happy to be close to the horse.
Colby and I, you can't tell how big I really am in this picture but lets just say I now only button the top of my jacket.
Colby saw the horses coming (they were pulling a sleigh) and he tried to run towards them and was pointing at them. Luckily Mark was close by to grab him (unlike the crazy picture taking mom who just keeps taking pictures!)
He got some snow on his glove and kept shaking it to try and get the snow off.
I think he fell down in this one. He trips all the time still :)
Nothing in Bemidji is complete without Paul Bunyan and Babe!
Mark and Colby next to some of the horses.
Horse drawn sleighs! It was really nice to have these because they picked us up in the parking lot and brought us right to the breakfast. We also took another ride on them through the trees on this little path.
On the sleigh ride, he doesn't look to happy, but I think he was just watching the horses.
More Sleighs!
This guy was out demonstrating his carving abilities with a chainsaw!
That was about it. We stayed for a couple hours and then went home since it was around 20 degrees and there was some wind too. Plus it was about time for Colby to take a nap. But it was fun to be a part of the festivities!
6 comments:
That does sound like a lot of fun. That guy carving with the chainsaw is awesome!
What a fun time inspite of 20 degrees. About that photo of Mark and Colby on the sled -- notice how they both have the exact expression on their faces. Definitley a "Markie" look. Happy Valentines Day!
Oh my gosh, Colby is too too cute! I love his jacket, and his little white shoes with the stripes! Seriously - he looks like he walked out of a magazine.
I am always amazed at how kids with animals at home are instantly attracted to every animal. It has taken a lot of repetition, but I think Little Sal finally understands that not all animals are as friendly as his! The horse is beautiful. And a horse drawn sleigh? How magical is that!
Watching you guys play in the snow really makes me miss Minnesota. Not enough to move there this instant, but enough to not rule it out entirely.
I love checking in on your family and I just can't wait to see and hear all about your new munchkin!!
That looks like lots of fun, especially the sleigh ride. Colby is so cute walking in the snow.
Whitney always freaks out when she gets snow on her gloves. It's kinda funny. You guys do so much living there, I bet you're enjoying it there cold weather and all!
those are some cool horses. I love how he likes to smash big chunks of snow. me too! cutie little walker.
Post a Comment