This year we didn't have any family to celebrate with so we decided to just get out of town. We headed over to Duluth, MN which is on Lake Superior. We have been wanting to take a trip there, so this just seemed like the perfect time to go. We drove over on Thursday morning and spent two nights there.
First stop: Thanksgiving Buffet! This is my kind of food. No prep, no cleanup, and amazing food. I found this place online Lakeview Castle. It was a neat building right across from the Lake. It was actually a little ways out of town which was nice. Not very many people were there, which made it even better.

Quick family pic afterwards.

We spent most of the rest of the day relaxing at the hotel and swimming in the pool.
The next day we wanted to find something indoors to do since it was pretty cold out. It was sunny, but still cold. So we went to the Children's Museum. It was pretty lame. We really expected more, but oh well. It gave Colby some run around time. The only thing they had that he really could play with is the pretend food. But he did really enjoy it.


Connected to the children's museum was a Train museum. So we spent a little time wandering around there.

After that we swung by the mall real quick. Nothing much we really wanted, but we wandered a little. I got a carmel apple from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. Usually they are amazing and I was so excited to eat it. But it turned out the apple was really mushy! I hate mushy apples, so it ruined the whole thing.



7 comments:
That sounds like a fun little trip. Gorgeous view from that restaurant! Too bad about the mushy apple though!
What a gorgeous view you had. Looks like you guys had a great Thanksgiving.
Love the family pic! And I wouldn't have made a big Thanksgiving dinner if it were just us either. Your food looked really good!
One day we will get away for a few days too :) Looks like you guys had a good time! As always you guys look great!! I love colby and his little beanie
How fun! It's always nice to get away for a couple of days. I love Colby's birthday birthday pictures. He looks so grown up!
What a perfect holiday! No mess, no cleanup, no hot oven, and a great view!
Thanks for posting these great photos. Sounds like such a relaxing holiday! Miss you guys, and it makes my day to see new photos.
Post a Comment