Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Some new stuff...

So we finally got Colby a new car seat. We probably should have gotten it for him a month ago but oh well. He's so much happier in a bigger seat! He's still facing backwards for now. I'm not sure when I'll turn him around. He's still content facing that way and since now they are recommending babies stay rear facing until they reach the weight limit on their car seat, we will probably leave him this way for a little while. And yes I'm lazy and haven't taken out the infant one yet, probably will soon. (Even though I'll be putting it back in the car in about 4 months!) Oh and thanks for the recommendation on the seat Beth!


This week I got my order of cloth diapers. I'm trying them out for a few weeks to see how we like them. At Jillian's Drawers they have a trial program which only costs $10. You get three weeks to wash, use, and try all the diapers they send you (which is 8 different types of cloth diapers) and if you like them then you keep them and pay for them, if you don't like them you send them back. You can keep them all or just a few depending on what you like. Click Here if your interested in this. I figured this would be the best way to get an idea for how I feel about cloth diapers. And if I can't handle it I only wasted $10 instead of over a hundred. But I have to say that I think I'm going to like it. I know I've only been at this for a day (and haven't yet experienced a poopy diaper but that's why I got one of these) but I love the diapers. They are cute (and there are tons more styles out there that are even cuter) and very absorbent and better for him and the environment. I know I'll never be 100% cloth, I'll still use disposables for vacations and long outings during the day and for emergencies. After I finish this trial I'll let everyone know what I've decided to do (and I know everyone is dying to hear all about my diaper experience!) Haha

Anyways, here's a couple of pictures of my little cutie with his new diapers.

Haha look at that bum! They are definitely not as trim as disposables but seriously just as easy to put on.



7 comments:

Edwards. said...

I think that it's great that you are doing cloth. I know so many people that LOVE THEM! And the sprayer will make all the difference in the world! Glad you find the trial....that is a lot of money saved if you don't like them!

Beth said...

I seriously laughed when I clicked the link to the sprayer attachment...but it's a good idea. Good luck with the clothe diapers, I really don't think I could do it. The carseat looks great, you will love how it's just 1 piece...so easy to wash. Thanks for the shout out :)

sylvia said...

You are so brave. I can't wait to hear your verdict.

Baby Boomer Grammy said...

Colby is adorable in his new diapers (and his car seat). He is looking more and more grown up with each picture. We missed you yesterday.

Mallory said...

He still has that permafrown! lol. Good luck with the diapers!

JoEllen said...

Awwww...Colby is seriously so cute. His new little diapers...new car seat...what a big boy!!

azufelt said...

So, how did you end up liking the diapers? Hope you are enjoying the cold weather up here... we've had our share of "cold" here too!