So about 2 weeks ago we moved again. The farmhouse was not some place that we wanted to stay long term, so when we came across this place we jumped at the chance to get out of the "bat house" and into a place that is much bigger and nicer. It still has a lot of land around the house and is a little ways out of town, but not too far. We really like it a lot so far.
This is a view of it from one of the sides. The other side has the front door and the house is built on top of the garage. These windows all face out to our yard, which has a good big grassy area, then some trees which lead down to the pond/small lake that is on the property.

This is a picture of the pond. There is a lot of bushes and trees around it, so it's kinda hard to see but it's actually a pretty good sized pond. Mark and his parents have even taken our canoe out on it and paddled around. The found a beaver damn on the other side of it. It will be really fun come winter time when it freezes over and we can skate and play on it!

This is just one quick pic of the inside, probably the best part of the house. This is from the stairs that lead up to two of the bedrooms. The living room has these big windows that are so nice and it's all very open. Behind the couch is the dinning area and kitchen. There is also one other bedroom and bathroom downstairs. The upstairs also has an open loft area which you can see the half wall and one of the windows in the upper left corner.
We really are loving living here. Mark still loves his job. We just enjoy being able to spend time outside without sweating to death! Akira loves all the space and even went swimming in the pond but we don't let her roam too much since the neighbor has cows and they are always getting out and roaming around the property. We don't want her chasing cows or anything! Eventually we will have everything unpacked and organized/decorated, but it's hard to get much done with Colby around, he wants all the attention! All I know is that I hope we don't have to move for a while. Two moves in less than two months is no fun.
9 comments:
I love your new place, especially all of those window. I'm glad ya'll are liking it there.
I love it!! You need to post more pictures. I can't wait untill we can come visit you.
Your place is beautiful! What a great find, but I'm sorry you had to pack and unpack twice in such a short period! A pond right out back? How awesome is that!
I'm glad you found such a nice place. I love the windows and the fact that there are three bedrooms. Who mows the yard? I hope Mark doesn't have to do it, that would take forever!
the house is beautiful. I bet you are so glad to be out of that other house.
that is so awesome that you have a pond on your property! i love the new house. great find. hope you are all enjoing it!
I like this place better! It looks like it'll be a nice place to live for now. Miss you like crazy!
I love your new place; it looks great! I like the pictures too, so please post more :) I'm glad things are going well!
David is going to be sooo jealous you have a pond on your property. Does it have fish in it? I love the windows and open ceiling, so pretty!
Post a Comment