Monday, August 24, 2009

County Fair....

A few weekends ago we went to the County Fair here. It was fun to go to a small fair, we actually saw a lot of the animals. Unlike in SA when we would go to the fair/rodeo there were just so many animals to see, we would just get tired of walking around. They had a demolition derby that we really wanted to go to but it rained that night, so we decided not to go.


Colby got to ride his first amusement park ride! He didn't really know what to think. He would only hold on with one hand and had such a funny look on his face! It was funny.


Checking out all the animals...





Once we got to the horses I think he finally realized that they were animals and he got a lot more interested and excited.



He really liked this one....





And one last pic on the fake horse!




12 comments:

sylvia said...

Looks like colby had fun seeing all the animals. I love mark's expression in the last photo. It says it all!

Jessica said...

we miss you guys! Colby is getting big.

Emily said...

Cute pictures of Colby with the animals. I noticed he was wearing a jacket. I wish it was cooler here I am ready for the hot weather to end!

JoEllen said...

Colby is huge! When did that happen? He is looking almost toddlerish!!

I love those little county fairs. They're so quaint and cute and just darn right fun! :)

Mallory said...

That kid is such a chunk! Can't wait to see him again!

Beth said...

Looks like lots of fun. Fairs have the best food huh...well atleast I think so. I'm glad there are things to keep you busy.

Jenny Ricks said...

I love the fair! Those pics are cute :) We are going to the Eastern Idaho State Fair in a few weeks and I am very excited!

Lauren said...

how fun! we miss you guys. love the photo of colby on the horse :)

The Shirleys said...

I love going to the county fair! Colby is so cute riding that horse.

Holli said...

Courtney,

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I'll confess that I've read yours for a lot longer than I'm willing to admit! :)

I love reading about your animals. That Akira is SO cute with that overbite and I love the video of Colby playing with Callie (?) and Akira. I've never seen a cat so patient with a small child!

Wanted to let you know that I cried when I read about Cabin. My deepest condolences. I lost my 14 year old black lab at 20 and it still makes me cry. Labs are great dogs.

That little boy of yours is so cute. I love all that red hair!

And, thank you for breaking the "blog stalking" ice. If you ever have occassion to comment on mine, feel free! Right now I'm dying for puppy advice and I think you were a vet tech, right?

Anyways, thank you!

Holli

JustJon said...

I love the look on his face in the picture with the sheep!

Whitney said...

Court, what is going on with Colby's hair? he has like a cute little fohawk almost lol. Cant wait to see him again!