This weekend Bemidji had it's annual Lake Bemidji Dragon Boat Festival. So we went down to the lake to check it out. Friday night they had the opening ceremony and a little parade with all the teams that were competing. They had these cool decorated dragon heads as part of it.




All of the teams were dressed up in their teams theme and got to be in the parade too.

The teams gave out candy as they walked by and everyone felt the need to throw some candy to Colby. So he enjoyed his first taste of candy, well just the wrappers. Yummy paper and cardboard!
This is Colby waiting for the parade to start.






9 comments:
What a colorful event! We are looking forward to visiting. While you are getting chilled we're sweating in this 100 degree weather. Colby looks like he enjoyed the parade.
What a cool festival. I love all the colors! I'm glad you're having fun in Minnesota!
THat looks like it was lots of fun. Maybe next year it won't be so cold and windy. I love the picture of Colby with his little tongue sticking out. He is so cute!
Looks like you guys are settling right in! Colby is so sweet, I love the candy and him...Cameron would only care about the wrappers too.
how fun! what a neat festival. colby is looking so grown up!
Super fun! I love your last picture of the red lantern. It's awesome!
That looks like a cool festival! Colby as always is so cute! Look how big he is getting :)
How fun!
And Colby looks as cute as ever! I love his 8 month pics too!
What a cool festival! I'm glad you're getting involved in the community.
Post a Comment