Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Time to let you all in on a little secret...

Well I guess it's not so much of a secret because there are quite a few people who already know but.....

We've got a "bun in the oven"....yep that's right I'm pregnant AGAIN! Wait didn't I just do this...yikes! I know, I know we were pretty surprised too. This was not something I had been planning on, but sometimes life takes it's own course and we just follow along the path. Ultimately we are excited and happy to be expecting another little baby but I'll be honest and say I cried about it at least once a day for a couple weeks. But I think I'm over that, well I still cry a lot but usually at dumb stuff like watching a baby story on tv....lame I know. So we have known for almost a month now because one day I started getting "symptoms" ie wonderful morning sickness, hungry all the time, and I burp a lot (so weird but that happened with Colby too). So after three days of those symptoms and trying to convince myself that it wasn't true I finally took a test and I swear it was positive before I could even set it down. Yikes! So I still thought it was maybe a fluke, so I took another one a week later...positive again. So it was true.

Now here we are, I went in for an ultrasound last week everything looks good so far. I'm 12 weeks right now and I'm due March 29th. Colby will soon be a big brother and he has no idea, poor kid. The kids will be about 16 months apart. That kinda freaks me out, but oh well. I just hope that Colby does good when the baby comes. Don't get me wrong I really am happy about this and I feel blessed that we are able to even have children. There are so many people who have problems having kids. It's just quite a shocker when you're not expecting it and it's also hard for me being in a new place with no real friends to support me. I had such a great group of friends in San Antonio that made my pregnancy with Colby so easy. It's just going to be a little harder here away from friends and family, but we will make it and are excited to soon have a new little baby again! So there you go, now everyone knows "the secret".

21 comments:

Emily said...

Yay!! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you two. I hope you start feeling better soon.

Rolene and David said...

Congratulations! I am sure you will find some cool people there in no time that will help you through this pregnancy too! If not, you can call me :)! I hope you feel better soon, and I know Colby will be just fine, Heavenly Father probably thought this baby needs a good big brother and Colby fit the bill perfectly! Congrats again!

Lyssa Beth said...

Congrats Courtney!!
I know the feeling of having a baby and not knowing anyone...will happen twice after this one comes...And with Emma too... but you get through it and family always comes through :)
I've heard that it's a rough start but once they get a bit older, it is SO nice to have them close. You are going to be great! I can't believe you are already 12 weeks!! Glad you got through the sickness already..hopefully!
You get used to the idea and by the time #2 comes along, Colby will be a lot older and bigger!!

JoEllen said...

Oh my goodness! Just from the title of your post I turned to Sal and said, "ahhhhh. Courtney's pregnant!" Congratulations. You'll make friends in no time, especially when people start finding out that you're pregnant! Your two kids will just be the best of friends I'm sure. I'm sorry to hear you weren't feeling great. It's hard to take care of a baby, and yourself, when you're feeling yucky. I hope it's passed!! Congrats again!

Jessica said...

congratulations and feel better! Excited to know what you are having.

AnDeRsEn cLaN said...

Congrats Courtney & family! That is wonderful news. I understand completely how you feel with having babies so close together. Mine are 14 months to the day. It too was totally unexpected and totally unplanned. Jenny was only like 6 months old when I found out I was expecting again. I too tried for weeks after I found out, and honestly a little angry because I wanted to take a break from being pregnant since Jenny was such a big baby when she was born, over 9 lbs and I went 2 weeks over. Anyways, I finally started feeling excited when I was about 16-18 weeks along. I was worried that having them so close together would be hard. However I honestly think its WAY easy. I love it now, because they play wonderful together and they are two peas in a pod. Be blessed as hard as it feels right now it’s wonderful in the end. Not to mention they will be the bestest of friends.

Beth said...

Congrats Courtney and Mark...and Colby!! It will be fun for Colby to have a sibling so close. Maybe not for you the first little while, but if the next one's crawling at 6 months and so independent like Colby it shouldn't be too hard. Sorry that you've been so emotional...you can call me anytime to talk about it. Lave ya!

Edwards. said...

Congratulations! That is exciting! Being sick is no fun at all, at least you are past that! Or at least hopefully! I know so many families that have children 14-18 months apart and just love it. You will be a great mom to both! You already are to Colby, now it just means that you will have more love to share! Congrats again! Hope this pregnancy goes well for you!

Jill said...

Congratulations! My sister and I are pretty close in age and it's always been so much fun. I'm sure you'll be such a wonderful mom to both your kids. Good luck and I hope you are feeling better!

Mallory said...

I'm always here for you! I wish I was closer. I'm excited for you though. I'm going to have to make another spot at my desk at work for my new niece or nephew. On Tuesday I wore my "Future Aunt" shirt to work. Lol. Miss you and call if you need anything.

Lauren said...

we are sooo happy for you guys! i can imagine what a surprise that must have been for you! hope you are feeling better now. colby will be such a good big brother :)

Amanda said...

awww Courtney, I wish you were here or we were there to be with you through this! There are going to be some lucky people up there to become your friend. I'm so excited for ya'll!!!!

Unknown said...

This is great! you will get a lot of practice! Sometimes I think it's better to just get them all out of the way! congrats!

Emily said...

Congrats! Dario and Aiden are 18 months apart, when they were younger it was a little rough but now I love that they are close in age because they have gotten to be such good friends and can entertain each other. Hope you have a great pregnancy, can't wait to find out what ya'll are having!

Shawntel said...

Yeah!!! Congrats! I'm excited for you!

Martins said...

wow!I would have never guessed! Thats very exciting. Colby will be a great big brother. I wish we could be closer to help you out. You will be a pro at being pregnant ;)

Hillery said...

Hooray! By the time I get around to having kid #2, it won't even be friends with Sadie! With this 2nd baby, you will have a ready-made pal with Colby. Think of all the free time you'll have eventually!

Jenny Ricks said...

That is crazy!! But it will be fun and a baby is always a blessing :) Congrats!

Rachelle Underwood said...

WOW! Great news! Colby and the little babe will be close in age and in their relationship. I've heard it's a little tough at the beginning, but SOOOOOOOOOOOO worth it in the end. You are going to do great! We missed you at the reunion. It would have been fun to have us all reunite! Another time for sure!

Stephanie said...

Crazy Congratulations! It would be a little scary to be pregnant already, but I am impressed with your attitude. The Lord knows best! There will be rough newborn times (but not if the new baby sleeps like Colby:), but it will be so much fun. The new baby is going to have such a cute and fun older brother. Maybe he'll get a little brother:)

Holli said...

Congrats!