Saturday, September 4, 2010

Cooking with Colby

Today while Saige was napping, I started making muffins and thought it would be nice to let Colby help me. It turned out to be fun! He did really well and followed my instructions for the most part. He was a good little helper!


Mixing



He kept putting batter into the same little muffin hole, so i filled the rest while he made one giant mini muffin


Our muffins ready to bake (weird face because I had to use the flash and he was anticipating it)


Trying to sneak a taste!



If anyone is interested HERE is the recipe for these apple muffins. (I halved it and subbed half of the oil for applesauce) They are pretty yummy!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Emily said...

That's really cute. I can't wait to do that with Danica.

Beth said...

Those apple muffins sound so good, I'll have to try that recipe. I need to let Whitney help me more in the kitchen. It's just faster doing it myself. Colby looks like he was a good little helped.

Emily said...

Laila liked watching the video of Colby. That looks like a good recipe.

p.s. Aiden loved his birthday card, thankyou!

Baby Boomer Grammy said...

Sooo precious! Colby is looking so mature lately. Loved that you included a video. Love that boy! (I'll bet those muffins were yummy!)

JoEllen said...

What a big boy!! He's so cute. I love when kids want to help.

The Shirleys said...

What a great little helper! Those muffins sound great!