Saturday, October 31, 2009

October Happenings....Part 1

Pumpkin Patch


A couple weeks ago we took a trip to the pumpkin patch. It was a little disappointing just because I thought there would be so many more pumpkins around, but I think the early snow storm we got ruined a lot of things. The corn maze we went through was a little shorter than a normal one, probably because of the snow. But we still had a fun time.


I think the highlight for Colby was playing in a big pile of hay!





Enjoying the hay ride.


The Corn Maze.



And a few pumpkins hanging around.



The best part for Mark and I was eating what they called an apple blossom. Just a cut up apple with homemade carmel and whipped cream. Sounds ordinary but it was so good. The apples were perfect (and I'm picked about my apples, I like them very crisp)! The carmel was amazing, never tasted anything like it before. And whipped cream makes everything better. We enjoyed it so much that we went back there the next weekend just for the apple blossom, and this time we got two so we wouldn't have to share!


Anyways, I'll be posting more October Happenings soon! Happy Halloween!!


10 comments:

Jill said...

Looks like fun - and the apple blossom sounds delicious! Colby is so cute and I love the pictures :)

Mallory said...

Thank you! haha. He's adorable!

Jessica said...

looks like fun! Colby just keeps getting cuter and cuter!

JoEllen said...

It looks like there were plenty of bright orange pumpkins hanging around! Colby is seriously adorable! he is so cute sitting with those pumpkins and on the pile of hay.

hope you're feeling well!

Rachelle Underwood said...

That apple blossom sounds really good. Sounds easy to make. You should try and duplicate it! I know what you mean about being picky about apples. Pink Lady's are my fav!

Beth said...

Hay is fun to play in...until it makes you all itchy. I hope Colby didn't experience that. That apple blossom sounds sooo delish. An apple sounds really good right now.

Baby Boomer Grammy said...

Love these photos! You'll have everyone trying to make apple blossoms.

Lauren said...

love the photo of him in the pumpkin patch! wish we had something like that around here. and the apple blossom sounds so yummy.

Emily said...

I love that last photo!! He's so cute!

Martins said...

The picture of Colby with all the pumpkins behind him is so cute! I love the scenery, it looks so beautiful up there, we really need to come visit!