I finally had my first real doctors appointment the other day and everything is looking good with baby #2. I've been feeling good this time around. I was really lucky and only had sickness for about 3 weeks, so that was really nice. My weight is lower than I thought it would be which made me happy, especially since I still had about 10 lbs to lose from Colby's pregnancy when I got pregnant this time but oh well. I haven't really felt tired this pregnancy, well maybe when I was sick I felt a little more tired but not like I did with Colby. But that may have been since I was working full time, 10 hour days then. Anyways, I still have my rough days where I feel like I wont be able to handle two babies but they are getting fewer! But those days are hard for me to handle, and there are times when I wish I wasn't pregnant. I know that sounds horrible to say, but it's the truth for me. I think it's much easier to be pregnant when it was somewhat planned and not a total shock like this one was for me. And I don't think it helps that my emotions are all over the place and I cry at the most random things. Well enough about that. I tried to take a picture of myself, but it was dark and late so it didn't turn out that well but I'll post it anyways.
The Bump

And now just a couple other tidbits. Colby went to the doctor for his "9 month" check up (well make that 10 1/2 months for him). Not a big deal. I just figured I should get him in with a doctor now while he's healthy just in case I need one later. So he got his flu shot and a check up. His weight has really tapered off. He is only at 21lbs 14oz (50%) and 29 1/2 inches(75%). I really thought he was going to weigh more than that, but I guess all that crawling and walking really trimmed him down. It's funny how as a mom it's hard to notice, I really don't see a difference in his body structure, he's still got his little leg rolls!
The other day I was board so Colby and took a couple pictures together. This was the only one he was actually looking at the camera.

One night when my parents were here visiting we had corn on the cob and after we finished it we gave Colby one to chew on. He really enjoyed it a lot. He likes to eat things, but sometimes doesn't realize that he doesn't have enough teeth to eat everything we do. He was really cute with the corn though!

That's about all for now. I'm hoping for no snow this weekend so maybe we can take a trip to the pumpkin patch!
13 comments:
Your belly is so cute. You are very lucky you have a early walker. I couldn't imagine carrying around a 21 pound baby being pregnant.
What a cute little belly! Don't worry about feeling a little scared for baby #2. I'm sure that happens with everyone. Hey we have the same shower curtain! Gotta love bed bath and beyond! :)
Cute bump!
Don't worry about #2. You will be fine. It takes a lot of "getting used to" when it's a surprise so don't apologize for feeling that way! It's a huge responsibility! I would be freaking out too if one of mine were unplanned. The thought of getting pregnant before I was ready make me cry!
ANd don't talk to me about emotions!! I think it gets worse with each kid :( ANyways, hang in there. I"m glad you didn't get that sick. It's always hard getting sick with other kids to take care of!
The emotion you feel about not wanting a new baby has a name: FEAR. The good news is that you will be fine. The second one takes a few months to get used to, but once you got it, you will have those babies on a good routine that it will be second nature to you. Don't worry, just remember you are not the only one who has gone thru this.
I think being pregnant with kids is just plain harder whether it is planned or not. I think you notice how emotional you are more because you still have to function as a mother. I also know when your baby first gets here it will be a little bit difficult because they will both be so small, but in a couple years you will get the pay off when they become great friends! Nothing makes me happier than to see my boys playing together and sticking up for each other.
I am glad everything is going well so far and that you haven't been as sick!
I'm glad everything is going good with baby #2. I love the picture of Colby eating the corn!
Your little belly bump is CUTE! (and I would never guess that you were hanging on to extra pounds!)
I agree with everyone else...hooray for you that Colby is walking. If I had my kids as close as you are, I would have been hauling around Little Sal for 5 more months (he didn't walk until he was 21 months). Getting used to the idea that your baby will no longer be your "baby" because there will be a new, much smaller, baby is hard. Sometimes during pregnancy number 2 I would just forget that I was pregnant, or that I really had to deliver another kid. You just get caught up in the day to day of being the mama...it's so much different than pregnancy number 1.
I'm glad to hear you haven't been very sick. That is a huge plus! You hang in there and keep posting pictures of Colby. He is too darn cute!
What a relief of not feeling very sick! That is the worst part of pregnancy I think. But you are one of those girls who are cute when pregnant :) You win! Colby is a cutie as usual! We tried to give jaxon a corn on the cob and he threw it. Oh well! I can understand the feelings of being overwhelmed with the thought of having 2 kids. And I know plenty of people who have felt that way. you are in no way abnormal. When that second little one is born you will have your days but you are a great mother and it will all work out :)
You look so cute with your little belly bump. Do you feel bigger then last time? Whitney has almost caught up to Colby's wieght!
You're such a cute pregnant lady! :) Cant wait to see you in a couple weeks!
You and Colby look so cute together. You will be a great mom of two. I'm glad this pregnancey is better than the last. I wish we were closer so I could help out.
cute bump! I love belly pictures so post a bunch.
when do you find out if its a boy or girl?? your bump is looking so cute :)
Post a Comment