Monday, April 7, 2008

What a ZOO...

I love going to the zoo. The animals just fascinate me, but I know I'm an animal freak and probably the only person who thinks that way. Mark and I made a little trip to the SA Zoo this past weekend and it was crazy busy. We had fun just walking around and checking out all the animals. The lion was awesome because all of a sudden we hear and huge roar. We hurry back to the lion and he is just standing there looking at the crowd roaring at them. It was so cool. Most of the time the animals at the zoo don't do a whole lot, but this lion was awesome.

Then we head over to the tigers and this one just comes running to the front of his pen and starts pacing back and forth right by the edge. He was so beautiful.

I love tigers, I used to want to train tigers when I was little. Then I heard about how Roy (Siegfried and Roy in Vegas) got attacked by his tiger and I changed my mind. Anyway...these are a couple other pictures we took.





One last funny little thing. I was taking pictures of Butters this weekend and all of a sudden he stuck his tongue out and just sat there. It was the funniest thing ever. I've never seen him do that before. He looks so funny. So I'll end with that picture.

6 comments:

Linsay Jarvis said...

Cortney, I love your blog! I haven't looked at it for so long and you guys have such eventful things going on! I can't beleive someone cut your locks! Did you ever find out anymore!?! Also, you guys seem like the perfect people to ask about camping, do you know any good places around here? And last question, where did you get your sucker fish? We have been looking and haven't found much. I love all your pictures, especially the cats toungue haha!

Jill said...

I love going to the zoo too! It looks like you had a fun time. I don't think I've ever heard a lion roar at the zoo, so that's pretty cool that he put on a show for you.

Also, Butters is looking so big and so cute. And sticking his tongue out, what a funny cat!

JoEllen said...

We love the zoo as well. I always thought Sal and I were the only couple who went sans kids, but I guess you do too! :) When we were at the SA zoo not too long ago, it looked like one of the black bears had surgery on his head! He was all shaved and had some stitches by his ear! Poor guy! I too love the big cats. They're always my favorite, oh, and the hippos!

Lauren said...

how fun! great shots of the animals. i love going to the zoo when the animals are awake and active, especially the lions.

Beth said...

Fun Weekend! I am one of those people who like the zoo, but only about once, maybe twice a year. It's people like you that keep the zoos in business. Cute pic of butters. Are you coming down this weekend for Whitney's blessing?

The Shirleys said...

I am glad I am not the only one who loves the zoo. I beg Andy to go all the time, and it is for me and not the boys.

That is a cute picture of Butters with his tongue out. :)