Thursday, March 27, 2008

{cRaZy 2 wEeKs}

The past two weeks have been a little crazy. I've felt like I've had no time. I didn't even have time to go to scrapbooking. :( Sad day! So last week it was Spring Break for most of SA, so of course at work we were crazy busy. Tons of animals boarding and plus people took off time from work so the try to get everything done (including bringing their animals to the vet). So I was at work from 7:30am till 8pm 3 out of the 4 days that I work. Such a LONG day. It just seemed like every day there was an emergency right at the end of the day.
Then I also agree to house-sit/dog-sit for one of the clients at work. Didn't think it would be that big of a deal or too hard. The dogs (5 schnauzers) were actually pretty good dogs. A little barking and a few accidents, but for the most part they were sweet dogs. I enjoyed being there til Friday night. Mark and I left to get some food and then came back to the house. I let the dogs out, no more than 5 min later the doorbell rang. I go to the door and some girl has 4 of the dogs. They got out! So I run to the backyard and luckily the old blind one was still in the yard (thank goodness). So I go investigate and find this:

Ya thats right someone came and cut the locks and left the gate open while we were gone! Crazy! I was freaking out, I had to call the police and file a report and call the lady whose house it was and tell her. (She wasn't too happy) So that whole night Mark and I were so nervous being there. Any little noise we practicly jumped. So anyways, nothing else happened while were were there.
On Saturday Akira got to play with the dogs and had a pretty good time, even though they aren't very playful.

Then we went to the SA Rampage hockey game because it was "Paws and Pucks" night. Which meant you could bring your dog to the game. It was fun seeing all these dogs at a hockey game. Akira even had her own ticket and seat!

The game was fun, but Akira got really scared when these boys behind us started banging those balloon noise makers. (she has a weird fear of balloons) So at that point she was shaking and hiding under the seats so we decided to leave. Here are the pics from that night:



So to conclude my house-sitting story, the lady comes home, pays me and I go home, this is all on Sunday. Monday morning comes and I'm at work when one of the receptionist tells me she is on the phone to talk to the Dr. I work for. Come to find out she called to complain about me! She told the Dr. all these lies (which he didn't believe), but still. Plus she had no right even calling him, because when we dog-sit for someone it's outside of work and has nothing to do with work. I couldn't believe the nerve she had. So then I go to cash her check and she canceled it!!!! I was so mad. She had left a 5 min message on my phone that day while I was working, but when I called back she didn't answer and still hasn't called me back. I still can't even believe how this lady acted, especially since I know I took care of everything at her house and she's lucky we were there otherwise her house probably would have been broken in to! So anyways, I learned the hard way not to house-sit for people I don't really know. This has been the biggest drama this week along with work has also been kind of stressful because I am training a new employee and that is always hard.

Onto another subject...take a look at this picture:

What is this? That's right bugs! Little flying bugs. So Gross. I came home early from work today and they were everywhere on the window and floor behind the couch. And they were all alive. It was disgusting. So I killed them all with bug spray and then I had to clean it all up. I still can't believe it. It was so weird because they were only in one spot. We've never had this big of a bug problem. Although we do sometimes get wasps in our apartment. So tomorrow I've got to go complain about the bugs. I hate bugs!
Oh ya and in the mean time while I was cleaing up the bugs, Akira ate my pop-tart! It wasn't even open yet. Here she is with the evidence:

Looking so innocent and trying to be cute! Crazy dog
We also got two new fish. They are algea-eating fish, which we needed since algea was taking over the tank. I have to say they are doing a great job...they may not be very cute, but they are neat to watch.


So this has been a recap of my crazy 2 weeks. Hopefully the craziness will be over for a little while. I need a nap! :)

PS-sorry this post is so long and wordy! I tried to be brief, but just so much happened and I needed to rant. :p

9 comments:

Beth said...

Hey Court sorry you had such a crazy couple weeks! Crazy about the house-sitting thing--what a wench! You should TP her house or something. And the bugs! GROSS!!

Hillery said...

What?!! I'll go beat her up for you! So is it weird at work now? I'm so sorry!

Lauren said...

hey courtney! i finally made a blog!!

Lyssa Beth said...

Geez, just reading your post makes me so mad at that lady too! What a nerve!! I hate people like that. So shady and fake. I'm glad you've got a good boss that knows you really. I hope you get a hold of her and bite her head off! lol jk but honestly people, grow up!!

JoEllen said...

I agree with the other comments, that lady was totally out of line. I've had people house sit for me and my pets and I am always so appreciative when they go out of their way to let me know if things are weird (like the lock being broken to the backyard!) If anything, she should have given you a HUGE tip. You put in a ton of time with the police report and staying at the house...give me a break!! Then to add insult to injury, she cancels your check?!! What is that all about? If you have a problem with me, fine, let's TALK about it. Don't go behind my back and say nasty things to my boss (you should totally sue her for slander) and then cancel my check after you told me everything was fine to my face!! That is so irritating!! If I were her, I would be worried that the people who worked for my vet wouldn't continue giving my animals such great care. She should be careful who she is complaining to! Akira is darling as usual. I love that she ate your poptart. It looks like she enjoyed it.

Jessica said...

I am mad just reading this. I agree with Beth wrap and egg her house!

Jami Black said...

I am so sorry that you have had to deal with so much at once-when it rains it pours! I can't believe that the lady treated you like that-hopefully charma will catch up to her soon! I'm glad your boss was understanding though! Hope this week is less stressful and much more fun!

Jill said...

Wow, you have definitely had a crazy two weeks. I can't believe that lady, but I'm glad the doctor you work for had the sense not to believe her lies.

At least you have some new fish!

The Porters said...

my goodness it was a couple of crazy weeks!! So Kenzie had her little baby I dont know if you knew that one. She is super adorable!! Ps that is super scary about the locks!!!