Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Update on Akira...

So last week when Akira got this little tiny mass removed from her leg, we sent it to the lab for a biopsy. So on Monday we got that back and it turns out to be a Mast Cell Tumor. Which is a form of skin cancer in dogs. It's fairly common and not the scariest kind of cancer. But it still sucks. My baby is going to be 3 in June, and she allready has cancer. But at least I know what to watch for and can hopefully prevent any more. Since the biopsy came back as cancer, the doctor had do another surgery on her yesterday and remove more of the muscle since the the tumor actually went a little deeper than we first thought. So my poor dog had to be under anestheia again, but actually is doing really good right now. She pretty much acts like nothing is wrong. So that's my life. It's kind of depressing to know she will probably get more cancer, but I just have to look at the bright side and cherish any time I have with her. Hopefully she'll be around for a long time, cuz I love her and she's the best dog ever. No more pictures this time, because it pretty much looks the same. So that's about it for now. :)

5 comments:

Beth said...

Courtney, I'm so sorry to hear that! That really does suck. I hope she recovers and I also hope that you don't find anymore lumps for a long time. Loves;o)

Unknown said...

I am sorry to hear that, I would have a real hard time if something happened to my baby Darla. Hope she gets better real soon!
-Ashley

Hillery said...

I'm so sorry! We'll hope for the best!

emmalily said...

Court! I'm so glad you found me! It looks like you guys are having so much fun - you have tons of cool outdoor adventures! I'm so jealous of your cute animals...we don't have any yet...butters is soo cute!

JoEllen said...

I think you're right, now that you know what to look for it will be easy to catch it early. I imagine she has a lot of great adventures left in her!