So I'm thinking oh we'll just go on a little hike, no big deal. Well the whole thing is pretty much straight up the mountain. So it was real hike, and I got my exercise in that's for sure. Part of the way up, you have to go right next to the edge.
We continue to the top. It was a really cool view of the whole area.
We came across these goats and I tired to sneak up on them to get a better picture:
But then they saw me and took off, there were so many of them up there.
I tried to have Akira take a picture with me, but she wanted nothing to do with the camera. Oh well
When we hiked back down the hill, we didn't really know where the real trail is, so we just made our own, then we get to the bottom and see this sign. opps :)
It was an interesting way down. Back at our campsite we just cooked dinner and relaxed. Since there was a burn ban, we couldn't have a fire, we just used our camp stove. No marshmallow roasting this time, bummer. So that night we realized that we brought the wrong air mattress. The one we brought goes flat in like an hour (don't ask why I still have it, I just did). So we slept on the hard ground. Never again. That was the worst night sleep I've ever had. I finally put my pillow under my hip so I could sleep. Then it didn't help that Akira was cold and trying to sleep on top of me. Next time I will bring the right mattress (it helps that I tossed the old one on our way out of the campground.)
The next morning we were packing up to leave and Akira just waited in the car for us. It's funny how she does this, like she thinks we are going to leave her, or she's just tired of being there.
Thats all for now. Till next time! :)
PS-Only in Texas can you go camping in Feb in a short sleeve shirt. I love Texas!
4 comments:
Sounds like you had a lot of fun. I bet you were sore from your horrible night sleep! Glad you had fun.
When you're a kid there is nothing quite like sleeping on the ground. You don't care if there are sticks poking you or rocks under your head, you love it anyways! Like you, I can't do it anymore! It's horrible. I too have a dog who insists that she is cold no matter how warm it is outside! We finally started bringing her a little sleeping pad so she would get off me! Sounds like you had a great adventure. Good for you for getting right on that post! :) Cute hair by the way!!
It looks like you had a lot of fun. Next time we will have to try out garner. Do they have fish in the stream?
The scenery is so beautiful! What a fun getaway. It is always nice to come home to your bed after an uncomfortable night's sleep!
Post a Comment