Sunday, September 16, 2007

Weekend Camping Trip

This weekend Mark and I decided to go camping since it was actually not raining. Seems like every time we have wanted to go, it rains. So we went up to Garner State Park and camped on the Frio River. During the day we spent most of the time playing in the water. Akira loved it, she just kept swimming back and forth, then she would run up on the shore and run back. It was nice to just relax in the sun, read a book, and just be together. And for once we didn't have annoying people next to our campsite. It was tons of fun, except for the fact that Akira ran out of the tent in the evening and ran through the bushes. When she came back, she smelled weird. My first thought was a skunk, then I thought it didn't smell like that so I thought it was just some funky smelling pollen or something. But today when we got home, I gave her a bath and she still kind of smells, so I think it must have been skunk! Gross I know. I have to give her a skunk bath tomorrow at work. I hate the smell of skunk. Anyways, that's what we were up to this weekend. We just can't wait to go back and luckily Mark's sister and family will be coming up in a couple weeks to go camping with us again!




If you look closely you can see two little fish. I took it underwater and I was trying to take a picture of the little fish, and I didn't think that I got them, but I actually did. So cute!

4 comments:

Martins said...

That looks like so much fun, we should all go camping together some time. Or atleast on a fun adventure!

Edwards. said...

I am so jealous that you have so many wonderful places to go camping. We have NO where to came here in carolina. i miss it. And it looks like you guys have a great time! So fun!

Jill said...

I love camping and I'm glad you had so much fun! But poor Akira; I hope you were able to get the smell out!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.