Wednesday, August 29, 2007

196 lb Great Dane!!!!

Here's a litte interesting happening from my work. Last week I got to do a dental cleaning on a 196 lb Great Dane. It was a crazy adventure for sure. Usually when we do dental cleanings we have to sedate the animals, because obviously dogs and cats wont hold still while we clean their teeth. Bob is the biggest Great Dane that we have as a patient. Usually Great Dane's tend to be around 120lbs, so Bob is an exception. It took 4 of us techs to lift Bob from the floor to the table, that was interesting. So I had to take a few pictures to remember this day, since I will probably never clean another dogs teeth that was this big.

Bob hardly fit on the table!

An up close view

A little comparison of a 20 lb Schnauzer to Bob

Hope you all enjoy these exciting pictures. I know I had fun last week!

5 comments:

Jamie Smith said...

That is a huge dog! I cleaned teeth a vet clinic one time! it was really neat! They are my favorite patients, because they knock them out and they don't complain!

Jill said...

Wow, that is one of the biggest dogs I've ever seen. Way to go, Courtney!

Lyssa Beth said...

So how did you do you blog heading?! So many cute styles!! But seriously, I would have been dying cleaning that big of a dog!

Jamie Smith said...

I got your e-mail, but I don't think you attached the handout and bio. So can you send it again! Thanks

Jami Black said...

Wow! Cool dog but I think I would feel a little intimidated having a dog that weighed more than me. I think it is so cool that you get to work with animals- I love them (at least most of the time & dogs moreso than cats). I love your boxer also. My roommate in college had a boxer and he was so much fun.