Wednesday, June 20, 2007

A Whole Year Has Gone By...

So this past weekend (June 16) was Mark and I's first anniversary!! I can't believe that a year has already past. It's crazy how fast time flys. It's been a fun year and hopefully it will just keep getting better. So for our anniversary I really wanted to go somewhere, but we couldn't think of anything really cool to do so we went down to Corpus Christi. We stayed in a hotel by the bay in Corpus, and then we went down to Mustang Island to go to the beach. We tried to find a new beach to go to, but it was a man made beach with fake sand and grass growing on the on the floor of the ocean...it was gross. Nothing beats real beach sand and waves and the smell of the beach. The time at the beach was fun, we just hung out in the water, got a little bit of a tan, and found a few broken sand dollars. Then that night we went to Joe's Crab Shack to eat. It was a really nice spot because it was right on the bay with an outside balcony. We had yummy fish and cheesecake to celebrate. It was a great weekend and I loved every minute of it. Oh and I almost forgot, while we were in the ocean Mark's wedding ring slipped off his finger and is now lost in the ocean forever. That's probably bad luck or something to lose his wedding ring exactly one year from us getting married, but oh well. We tried to find it, but couldn't so we'll just have to get him a new one. At least it wasn't my ring though! So that was our excitement for the weekend. Here's a few pictures of our adventure...





Us on our balcony at the hotel

That's all!!

2 comments:

Jamie Smith said...

I found your blog today while I was looking at Jaime Blaisdell's. I can't believe y'all have been married a year! What a cool anniversary! I'm stealing ideas for Paul and I's 4th.

The Blaisdell Family said...

That stinks about the wedding ring! Hopefully that isn't a sign of bad luck like you said! Glad you had fun on your anniversary though. The 1st one can't be beat!!!!