Friday, March 25, 2011

Water Park

At the very end of February (27-28) we took a little trip to one of the indoor water parks close by. It's in Brainerd which is just 2 hours south of us. So it wasn't too far of drive. Mark had just started working four 10 hours days, so he now has one day off a week. So since he had Monday off we drove down there Sunday afternoon and spent Sunday and Monday playing in the water. We got there before checkin (which is 4pm super lame) but they let us go ahead and swim. It was annoying to change in the bathroom there (seriously try holding a baby and putting a swim suit on, so not fun or easy), but worth it to get a couple hours of play time in before the kids needed a break. We checked in and then attempted naps (which lasted for 30 min maybe) then went back later in the evening and the next morning for another hour before we had to check out. The morning was the best because there was hardly anyone else there.

Saige enjoyed being in her floaty some of the time and didn't mind being splashed and sprayed with water.

Colby loved climbing up this net, he did this so many times.


Then he would just walk down the stairs. He went down the little slide a few times but didn't realy like it.

Saige loved splashing...

and sitting in the shallow area, playing with the little water fountains. She also kept trying to crawl around in the shallow area which was fine but she would crawl towards where it started getting deeper.

Colby LOVED pushing Saige around in her floaty, he pushed her all over the pool.

We borrowed this floaty thing for Colby to wear. It was nice because it gave him a lot more confidence walking in the water. He wouldn't let himself float in the deeper area, we had to hold him. He was also obssesed with these balls and had to have one with him all the time.

More splashing...

Lazy River...

Ready to go...I was taking pictures of Colby and Mark in the lazy river and she just laid her head down on her floaty.

Proof that I was there. haha

In the hotel before we left. Saige found Colby's cup of milk and was happily drinking it.

Colby watching cartoons in the hotel while we got ready to go. He was pretty much done with the waterpark by then. So tired.

And that was our trip. We had lots of fun and it was such a nice break from the snow.


4 comments:

Baby Boomer Grammy said...

Yes! Finally!!!!! and well worth the wait. Cute, cute, cute!
Saige sure has amazing blue eyes (those Ellis eyes)

sylvia said...

Looks like so much fun! It's really cute how Colby was pushing Saige around the pool. Darling kids!

JoEllen said...

I'm so glad to see you post something. I've missed you in my little blogland.

Colby is so cute pushing around Saige in the pool I love when my kids are sweet to each other!

I love the picture of Saige taking a rest on her floaty. She's like "mom, duh, I'm so tired, get me out of this water!" Love it.

I often forget to take the "proof I was there" picture. My husband never volunteers to take that picture for me, so if I don't think of it, it doesn't happen!

Beth said...

That place looks fo fun!! Are there a lot of those kinds of hotels up there? Great idea going for a water park getaway in the middle fo winter!