In the middle of October we went to the pumpkin patch. The one that we went to last year closed down so we had to drive an hour to a different town to go to this one. It was small and not as good as last year but oh well. Colby had fun and that's all that matters.
For some reason they had a big stuffed chicken with a saddle on it, so of course we put Colby on it. He enjoyed it until...

We put baby sister up there with him. Not so happy now. I love his disgusted look on his face. He seriously has issues with her touching him when it's not on his terms.

Of course there were sunflowers in the corn maze because every corn maze needs some right? (seriously the weirdest corn maze I've ever seen)
And Saige was loving all the leaves and trying to grab at them as we walked by

Then I try to get a simple picture with my kids and it turns into Colby freaking out because I asked him to look at the camera and Saige being distracted by Colby's meltdown.

So serious. My kids both do not smile for the camera unless they are laughing, maybe it's because they are so sick of seeing it.

My attempts to get a cute picture of both kids together at the ghetto pumpkin patch....
Pretty much Colby wanted to walk around and pick up all the pumpkins, refused to sit next to Saige, Saige wouldn't look at me because it was too bright, then if Saige was looking Colby wasn't, and so on.
I tryed one last time and managed to get one where they both happened to be looking up and kind of sitting by each other. Not the best and not what I wanted but I had to give up. Neither kid was happy with me and both were ready for a nap.
So that was our trip to the pumpkin patch. It was fun and we had a good time and I'm sure I'll look back on all my attempts to get a "good" picture and love them more than any good picture I could have gotten. Love these two, they make everything in life so much more fun!







9 comments:
That IS the weirdest corn maze! but glad the kids had "fun" :)
Seriously, i had the same problem with taking pictures of the kids. Its a pain but ya, it's funny to see them doing their own thing!
They are both getting so big!
So no caramel apple this year!? Lame
I'm glad they still had fun. You have such cute kids!!
So I think Colby looks a lot like you. I love Saige's little jacket. I'm glad you had fun!
2 is so much harder to capture on film for some reason. Why is that? It's not like you're asking for the world right? Just one simple picture where both kids are looking...it's like the most impossible task!
I LOVE the picture of Colby in the hay bale part of the maze. It's awesome!
i know what you mean. it's always so frustrating for me to not get the "perfect" shot that i envision in my head. but sometimes the ones where they aren't cooperating and just doing their own thing are the best. i'm glad you are blogging again! missed your posts.
p.s. kyla looved her card!!! thank you! :)
Wow what a day! Love all the pics you took. I need to remember to take more pictures at family outings. I'm glad you started posting again!! :)
You make me laugh because its the same here. Thats why I have turned to more lifestyle photography. I actually like it better anyways. Not so frustrating :-)
Can't tell you how excited I am to see more photos of my beautiful babies! Love all those expressions on Colby's face. Hope he doesn't end up teasing Saige unmercifully like Andy did to Jessica.
Post a Comment