
Today Mark got the official call from the Indian Health Service offering him the job for the Cass Lake, MN position. Yeah! So now we are still waiting on the security check, but he has a tentative start date of July 1. I guess we'd better get packing! We will actually be living in
Bemidji Minnesota which is about 20 min from Cass Lake where the Indian Reservation and dental clinic is at. We are excited to move up there. Yes I know it will be cold, but it's so pretty there. There are lakes everywhere, tons of trees, and the houses actually have land around them unlike here in San Antonio where they cram as many houses as they can into a subdivision. We are going to have to rent for the first little bit, but we are hoping to buy a house in the near future. Here's a few pictures so you can get an idea for the place.

Legend of Paul Bunyan started here

Lake Bemidji (pretty much right in the middle of the town) It's close to the beginning of the Mississippi River.

Lake Bemidji State Park
(photos from bemijistate.edu and visitbemidji.com)
16 comments:
Courtney! That is so exciting! I am so happy for you guys! July 1st is just around the corner! Yahoo!!
Congratulations! That's exciting that Mark got the job. The area looks so pretty, we'll to come visit.
Congratulations! What exciting news! Minnesota looks like a beautiful state and that's fun that you get to live by a lake. Good luck with the move - we'll miss you guys!
I just watched New In Town and it looks very cold but very beautiful. We are for sure going to have come visit you guys.
That should be a fun new adventure for your family. The cold is not that bad, however when you return to Texas it will be a harder adjustment. Well congrats!
Woohoo! I bet it is nice to have a plan! Looks like a nice place. I'm excited for you guys!
Congratulations!! I can't remember if we've had this conversation before, but I'm from MN and I think you'll just LOVE it!! As you said, it really is so beautiful and you guys are going to be in a great town. Being such recreational people, I think you'll just love it there. The winters are cold and sometimes long, but all that greenery totally makes up for it. Instead of running your AC all year long, you'll just run the heat for most of the year. It's a good trade. :) There's nothing quite like bundling up with a good book and hot chocolate after the kid-o has gone to bed! :) I can't wait to read about your adventures there. Good luck packing!!
Congrats! That really does look like a great area. ONe of my brother-in-laws did his repayment the same way you are. He loved all the experience he got. Since the government pays for it he got to try all kinds of things he probably won't have at a regular practice. Good luck on the move.
P.S.
YOu were the only one who caught our announcement at Easter time. We are due in Novemeber.
That's great news! I'm glad the waiting in over and you've got a plan. You've got an exciting next few months ahead of you moving and getting settled? Congrates!
How fun...I love moving. Good luck with everything!
Glad he got the job! Now we have a new place to visit!!!
congratulations you guys! What an exciting time in your life. It looks so pretty there.
Congrats! we are going to miss you guys. It must be exciting knowing where you are headed. And a little cooler weather might not be all bad
congrats to you guys! Hope it goes well out there
How exciting! I bet it is nice to finally know where you are going. It looks so pretty. I love the pine trees. Do you know what day you are moving?
I haven't talk to you in forever and saw your name on the Ray's blog so I was checking it out. First...your little boy is super cute!
Second...I'm jealous, I was born and raised in MN and miss it SO much!! It is the best state to live in! There is so much to do and SOOO beautiful too. MN was actually ranked as the 3rd funnest state in the US!! People are always surprised to hear that, but really anything you want to do you can do there! The only thing it's missing is an ocean! :) I grew up in Monticello, about 2 hours south of Bemidji.
How long are you going to be there and how did you guys end up there??
Hope you are enjoying yourselves!!
Post a Comment