Friday, June 26, 2009

6 months & 7 months

Here is a little video clip of Colby with Akira and Butters (Callie chooses to keep her distance from him!). It's amazing how the animals understand that they have to be patient and gentle with him. Akira has really changed since Colby came along. She would have never just sat there and let kids crawl on her before. It's going to be fun watching her with him as he grows up!

Colby "Loving" Akira & Butters from Courtney Ellis on Vimeo.



So since I missed a six month post about Colby I figured I would just combine the two. We've been busy with Graduation, family visiting, and going to visit family too.

6 Months

At six months he had a check up, looked great, got some shots. He weighed 19lbs 3oz (75%) and his length was 27 1/2in (90%). He's still a big boy! These were the things he was doing or had learned:

*Sitting up on his own
*Started rocking on his hands and knees
*Will try to crawl but can't figure out how to move his hands so then he just lunges forward and face plants.
*Scooting/rolling to get where he wants
*Hitting things with his hands
*Hair has gotten thicker on top
*Riping/crumbling paper
*Starting to learn how to drink from a sippy cup
*Wants to eat what we are eating
*Puts everything in his mouth
*Will only sleep on his stomach (I put him down on his back and he will flip over within 10 min)
*Loves his binky and will put it in himself
*Loves electronics (computer, remote, video game controllers)

7 Months

This month has been an exciting one. He has learned so many new things and has changed a lot. It's so fun watching him figure things out. He's definitely a mover, never a calm moment with him, unless he's sleeping. These are things he's doing and has learned:

*Crawling! (as shown in the video in the last post) He learned how to do this June 5
*Going from crawling to sitting and then back to crawling
*Pulling himself up in his crib, the couch, us, the dog, whatever he can find!
*Taking steps while we are holding his hands
*Balancing on his knees
*Spitting
*LOVES all the animals, will crawl after them and grab them if he gets the chance
*Still enjoys hitting things, ripping paper, and any electronics
*Plays with toys in the bath
*Follows me when I leave the room
*Enjoys swimming
*Loves balls
*Eats anything I feed him (except now he doesn't like rice cereal)

That's all I can think of right now. He's doing great and hopefully the move wont be too hard on him. These are a couple of pictures I took when he was about 6 1/2 months old. It's now much harder to take pictures of him. He crawls away before I can get the picture!


12 comments:

Beth said...

He is growing up so fast. I can't believe the things kids can do at such a young age. I love how the animals will let him pull and push on them without getting mad.

The Porters said...

I cant believe that akira just lets him crawl all over her! What a cute video. Jaxon goes for the cat and she pats his face with her non existent claws lol. Go by my page and leave me your email address so I can send you my new URL when I change it over.

Valeri said...

For how active he is, those images are sure sharp!! What a cutie.

Hey, I got the new 50mm 1.4g! LOVE IT!!!

Baby Boomer Grammy said...

These adorable photos look professional!

Baby Boomer Grammy said...

P.S. love the video! Akira is so patient and long suffering,and Butters is exceptional to put up with Colby's "loving". Callie would have bitten him. At least, she's smart enough to keep her distance.

sylvia said...

amazing pics of Colby! He seriously is the cutest baby.

JoEllen said...

Oh my, he is seriously adorable! I love when babies are trying to figure out how to crawl and they face plant. It might be mean, but I think it's so funny!

Colby is such a cutie!

Hillery said...

Wow - your animals are good sports. Especially Butters! Colby is so dang cute and I can't believe how much he is growing!

Mallory said...

I must say my favorite is of him with his Giraffe name plate. The video is cute too! I miss him so much and wish I could see all these changes!

Jenny Ricks said...

You are so good at keeping track of milestones! I love the pics. He's such a stud!

The Shirleys said...

That is such a cute video. He is getting so big. I love pictures of chubby babies. I love his big blue eyes too!

Jessica said...

such a cutie, love the video and pictures