Sunday, November 30, 2008

Colby Michael Ellis is here!

To finish my last post, I ended up getting much stronger contractions a little later Thanksgiving day. I couldn't eat anything for Thanksgiving day (Bummer), and then about 5 that evening we ended up going back to the hospital. I was (thankfully!) dialated to a 3 by that point, so they decided to keep me, hooked up my pain meds and then I started feeling good. I don't know how people do this without meds, I would have died. He was finally born the next morning at 4:43 after about 1 hour and 45min of pushing. It seemed like it took forever to me, but I guess it wasn't too bad. It could have taken longer, but I sure wish I was one of those "4 pushes and he was out" kind of girl. :) He was purple and had a wierd looking head when he came out, which I expected. Not too cute at first sight, but he's gotten cuter as a couple days have past! We got to bring him home on Saturday evening and then I spent half the night up with him. Oh the joy of a baby. The whole night I was wishing I would have stayed at the hospital so the nursery could take him, but I was just so sick of laying in a hospital bed I wanted to leave. I got him to sleep around 3, but he wouldn't sleep in his bed, so he ended up in the middle of ours with my arm around him just in case and then I kept waking up to check and make sure he was ok. At least I got some sleep though. Things seem to be going good so far. Mark's parents were here when we had him, so they left us lots of food and took good care of us! I can't wait til Tuesday because my parents are coming out here. Colby is their first grandbaby, so it's exciting! Plus I'm looking forward to having my mom help me with him.

Butters decided to check out the newest addition. He's not too sure about him, Callie wont even go near him, and of course Akira wants to be right by him, lick him, and when he crys she starts whimpering.


Everything seems to be going ok for now, we will see how tonight goes though. But at least he's gotten cuter than when I first had him! :)
Oh and I almost forgot for those who want to know he weighed 8lbs 9oz and was 20 3/4 in long.

26 comments:

Breeanna said...

Awwa he is adorable Congradulations

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

Congrats! He is adorable. I'm glad that he finally decided to come out, especially before he got any bigger. So fun!

Jessica said...

he is so cute!! can't wait to see him!

Rachelle Underwood said...

He looks sooooooooo cute! and so healthy. How exciting. I'm sure you are glad to not be pregnant anymore. Good luck the next couple of weeks, it is definitly an experience. I'm so happy for you both, and love the name.

Emily said...

Yay!! He is so, so cute! Congratulations

Chadna said...

Whew!! I'm So glad he came. He sure is a good lookin' boy!! :)

Josh, Shauna, Allison, Brynlee said...

He is ADORABLE!!! Congratulations! Enjoy every single second, it goes by SOOOOOO fast!

Jenny Ricks said...

HE IS SO DANG CUTE!!! Congratulations! I am so happy everything went well and both you and Colby are healthy. I can't wait to see more pictures of him!

Edwards. said...

congratulations! He is so cute, like everyone has already said! I'm glad that everything went well for you! Congrats again! Cherish every moment, even the not sleeping ones, because it goes by way to fast!

Emily said...

I can relate to babies staying up half the night. Laila did that last night. Colby is very cute! Congratulations! We can't wait to see him in person. Ava and Laila loved the package you sent, thank you!

Spencer said...

Congrats and welcome to parenthood! He's a very cute kid!

Linsay Jarvis said...

Courtney, Hooray! He is here! I am so happy! Glad everything went well and he is a healthy baby!

Martins said...

I love the pictures, Colby is so handsome! Call me when you need a break and I would love to come hold him while you sleep!

Jenni said...

Congratulations! He is adorable. I'm glad everything went so well. You got a cute one!

Rolene and David said...

Congratulations! He is gorgeous!!

Beth said...

What a Cutie! I'm so glad that everything went okay. I can't wait to see him in person! Say good-bye to 8 hours of uninterupted sleep. It's rough for awhile, but your body should get used to it. Love ya!

JoEllen said...

I'm glad to hear that you didn't have to remain pregnant much longer. I was thinking about you this weekend, wondering if he had been born yet. Colby is adorable. I can't believe how big he was! Next to Butters he looks like he could be a couple of months old instead of just brand new. I love that dogs become so attached. It's as if they already know that this is a new member of their family, someone to watch out for now and to tolerate later. :)

Enjoy your mom and take advantage all you can. It'll be nice to have the help! I hope you were able to eat some leftovers since you weren't able to enjoy Thanksgiving dinner.

Lauren said...

i love that picture of butters checking him out. we can't wait to meet little colby! he is so cute!

Shawntel said...

He is beautiful! I'm so excited for you and Mark, and I know that boy is one lucky kid!

Kristen said...

Congrats! He is so cute and fun to hold.

Unknown said...

Congrats! I can't believe how big he was! Olivia weighed that much at a month old! He's precious! I have his shower gift btw, so I have to arrange to drop off. Sleepless nights are tough, but they go by faster than you think!

The Porters said...

yeah!! congrats he is so adorable! He has so much hair! My poor little one is bald haha. I hope he learns to sleep for you through the night. At first Jaxon slept between us too. Everyone was like oh thats a bad habit to start. I was like...hey if it works Im gonna do it! But he sleeps in his own bed now just fine. But congrats again! How are you feeling??

The Shirleys said...

Congrats! He is such a handsome little guy.

sylvia said...

Congratulations!! I'm so happy that the delivery went well and both you and Colby are doing great. He is so, so cute! Take advantage of every nap!

Lyssa Beth said...

He is SOOO cute Courtney! OMGoodness. He doesn't even look life a weird newborn. I want to meet him stat!
Honestly, i'm glad to hear that he came out pretty fast.
AHH you are a mom!! THat's so exciting!

Baby Boomer Grammy said...

Waiting anxiously for his one week old photo! Hope you update each week.