Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Snow Fun

Yesterday we woke up to a ton of snow.  And it was around 25 degrees!  Which compared to the last few weeks of negative temps and wind chills of -35,  25 was pretty warm.  We got around 7-8 inches.  You can see it best on the picture I took of our table on the deck.  This is the most snow we've gotten all winter.  



So since it was so nice we headed outside to play (and shovel the driveway for me).  The kids had so much fun.  The snow was so soft and fluffy and it was warm enough for them to play for a while.  That hardly every happens around here.  

So we jumped in it
And sat in it 
And ate it of course.  I think that's my kids favorite thing to do, crazy!

And lay in it.

And just had tons of fun.  

The dogs were out with us for a while, but then I found them both shivering at the door wanting to in.  Poor short haired dogs, plus it doesn't help to have two kids dumping snow on them too!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

HOORAY! you finally updated the blog!! miss seeing pics of my cute niece and nephew. they have gotten so big!! and that is a TON of snow!

Baby Boomer Grammy said...

This is a day for celebration. We all have missed your blog. Welcome back! It makes my day and puts a huge smile on my face to see such gorgeous photos of two of the cutest kids in the whole world, who just happen to be my grandkids (and the very lucky O'Bannons).

JoEllen said...

I too am so excited to be able to check in on you and your family. Your kids are adorable!! Those cheeks!! I could just eat them up. We have been getting a ridiculous amount of snow as well. I feel like it's Groundhog's Day around here. I wake up and do the same thing over and over again. My kids LOVE to eat snow. Even if they have bare hands and we're headed to the car or something, they can not resist the snow. They must pick it up and eat it. In this post you mentioned that the "dogs" were getting cold. Hmmmmmm.....did you get a new dog!? No picture!? You're never going to believe this, but I have some new neighbors who both grew up in Bemidji! Crazy.