Colby and I have returned from our adventure to Utah. We left last Wednesday and came back on Monday. My parents both came over for the time that we were there, plus my sister flew in from Denver and my other two sisters live there. It was so good to see them all. I feel so lucky that they were all able to be with us. Also all but one of my aunts were there to meet this little cutie. He was such a good sport even though it was quite an adventure for him. He also met his Uncle Andy for the first time, though I'm not sure Uncle Andy made the best impression on Colby. He cried, but it wasn't Andy's fault. Colby had had a really long day of flying and wasn't too happy. Hopefully when we see him again, Colby will be in a better mood.
So we started our adventure with a 3 hour plane ride to Salt Lake City. He was a pretty good boy for most of the time. We had a little bit of squealing, but it was nice there was no one sitting next to us. He slept on and off during the flight, luckily he never cried.
We got to see tons of family and visit with a few good friends too. My cousin got married, so I got to attend the sealing. I only wish I had more time and had taken more pictures. It was too short of a visit. But we did really miss Mark while we were there, so it was good to come home and see him.
The plane ride home was interesting for the main reason of the guy next to us. He sits down, smiles at me and even smiles and talks to Colby for a second so I think everything will be fine. I happen to glance over and see his text as he was writing it. This is what it said, "Bad plane karma...no window seat and next to a baby!" Yep seriously. I couldn't believe it! He seemed so nice. So we are about to take off and Colby is a little fidgety, I just pray that he is good on this flight and that I wouldn't have to nurse him on the plane, cuz I think that would have been a little awkward. He takes his binky just as we are about to take off and then ends up falling asleep. And he stays asleep the whole time!! I couldn't believe it. It was like 2 1/2 hours. I didn't dare move my arm or legs where he was sleeping. I guess people really don't like babies on planes, but at least he wasn't out right mean to me. Oh well, it's over and hopefully the next time I will have Mark with me and not some strange guy next to me.
I don't have my pictures ready to post yet, so that will have to wait.
A few other exciting things, Marks sister had her baby. Cute little Evan, can't wait to see him!!! Colby turned 3 months old on Saturday. I can't believe he's growing up so fast. I have a bunch of pictures I took of him, just have to narrow them down to a few. He rolled over on Sunday (feb 22), we video tapped it and everything. He did it like 4 or 5 times in a row, but now he wont do it again. I'm bummed, but at least I know he can do it. He is now starting to grab at things and actually get a hold of them. He is also squealing tons, I think he just enjoys hearing his own voice. It's cute right now, but I'm sure will begin to hurt my ears soon. It's so amazing to watch him learn new things and experience the world around him.
Well I will hopefully get some pictures posted tomorrow.
4 comments:
I flew with Dallin to California with my sister & her baby the same age. I walked on the plane with both babies in my arms while my sister took care of the stroller at the gate. The guy in the front in front of me said as I passed by, "I better not hear those babies scream the whole flight!". I was shocked too ... the nerve of some people!
I don't think i would be brave enough to take Laila on a plane by myself. That's great Colby did so well and slept the whole time. I bet now that guy thinks it's not such a bad thing to sit next to a baby.
It was a fast trip. I'm glad I got to see you. We'll have to get together more often. I'm glad Colby slept on the plane on the way home.
People are airplanes can be totally rude! It's not like you intend for your kid to cry during the flight! gesh! I'm glad Colby slept for you. That makes it so much easier. I think the drum of the engines helps to keep them asleep. It's a good background noise. Sometimes, an airplane flight feels like you're inside a library. People give you crusty looks if your kid so much as talks a little too loud. It's worse when they're a little older too. People don't like sitting by babies, but they HATE sitting by toddlers. Glad to hear you had a good trip. It's always nice to see the fam!
Post a Comment