Saturday, December 6, 2008
One Week Old
Yesterday (December 5), Colby was one week old. I'm still amazed at how fast time has gone by. It's weird to think that just last week I was in labor with him. So far he has been an amazing baby and I really feel lucky. My parents have been here since Tuesday and it has been great having them here. He has started sleeping much better in the past couple days. He will sleep in his own bed now! He also usually sleeps from about 10pm-2am, then again til 6am, and most of the time will go back to sleep til 9am or even later. So I feel lucky for that. Last night he slept almost 6 hours and I was amazed with him. I don't imagine that happening all the time, but it sure was nice to get a little extra sleep. He hardly ever cries, just during bath time and sometimes diaper changes. I love just holding him. He also has the cutest expressions while he is sleeping, especially cute little smiles. It's still unreal to me that he is my baby, but he sure is and I love him! So here's his one week picture.
This one is just a little picture after his first bath. I thought he looked so cute in his little hooded towel! I was scared to bath him at first, so I waited till my mom got here and then she made fun of me not bathing my baby for like 3 days. Oh well, now he's nice and clean and gets a bath every night or so and hates it every time. He cries so hard the whole time. Hopefully he will eventually like his baths. (he had a little jaundice when he was born, so his face looks a little more orange here)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Colby is so adorable. Cherish every moment with have with him because time flys.
that is great that he is sleeping so well! laila hasn't slept for 6 hours straight yet, I'm jealous! I love all of your photos.
he's beautiful! looks like he skipped right over that weird looking newborn stage and is just an adorable baby. i can't wait to meet him!
He looks so adorable with your parents. Totally amazing! He's so cute. Love ya girl!
I'm glad you posted more pictures!! He is a cutie!
what a cutie. we can't wait to meet him! are ya'll still coming down for christmas?
He's so cute I can't stand it! I got a chuckle out ot that close-up photo of Colby with his Grandad, because the expression on his face is definitely a baby Markie look. Otherwise, he still looks so much like his mom -- but I can see a little more of Mark in him, as he gets older.
He is so handsome I can hardly stand it! I'm so happy to hear everything is going well!
He's a keeper! Seeing those pictures is making me want another newborn.
It's good that you're enjoying your time with your new baby and parents so much. One of the best things about having a kid is sharing him/her with others who will love him/her just as much as you do. He is darling!
He is just so cute! These pictures look great.
I love the picture of him laying on the orange blanket! so cute! That's great he is doing better with sleeping. Let me know when your ready for a play day!
Post a Comment